“Free parking”
Review of Castle Inn

Castle Inn
Ranked #106 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Initially, I was worried about the location but we were in the back and I slept without earplugs. Great neighborhood; around the corner Peets, and a Starbucks, Real Foods and a Walgreens. The breakfast is packaged pastries, fresh fruits, yogurt. They make one large coffee urn and when that was gone, they suggested I make the coffee in room...Peers was the ticket!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank debralou

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great location best of all a "Friendly!!!" Check in helping a couple of "Stressed Aussies" deal with USA stop sign etiquette!! As well as being on the "Otherside!!!" Of the road...most of all taking time to " Suggest" something's of interest given our lack of time & how the "Public Transport" system worked this made a short time absolutely great & left us wanting to come back to see more!!!! & when we do we will be sure to stay @ Castle Inn!!!!

I'm just very sorry I can't remember the names of the couple managing the complex, but both of them made us so welcome for our 2 nights!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lee P
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel the highest rating as for the price, location, free parking (massive plus point in San Fran) and facilities. However the one thing the lets it down is its 'free wifi' which is pretty much unusable. I know this may seem a very small fault but as travellers we rely on Internet access to plan what we're doing, book tickets etc and it was a cause of frustration for us. I'd definitely say here again and though and would happily recommend to anyone coming to San Francisco.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The rooms are clean, but small. Location is near bus stops. Trolley car stop is an uphill walk. It's in a safe area. The staff was very helpful showing us points of interest on a map they provide. It was convenient to have a frige in the room. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We booked this based on reviews and rates. We arrived just on 11pm, the lift was locked off and we had to carry our bags upto reception approx 15 steps. Chap was very nice and informative. Room not large but 2 good sized beds and comfy mattresses. Walgreen across the road, cafes and restaurants, bus stop around corner.

Room Tip: Taxi fares approx $45 from airport.Very good Pizza place 'Escape from New York Pizza' around...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank otila
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Just decent. Booked through expedia due to free points. But the cost alone was inexpensive anyway around it. The location was great right off of Broadway and Van Ness. Starbucks and Walgreens on the same block- very convenient.

The room was clean to the naked eye. However for some reason I felt the heebies in the room. I am not sure if it was the dark green carpet or the outdated bathroom. Nothing was dirty it just felt dirty to me. I am not a 'walk with socks or flip flops on in hotel' type of gal. But here I was. The beds were comfy but dated. I shared a bed with my cousin and we both would slide toward the center. I shared the room with 2 girls and we were able to move around and get ready with no trouble.

I would not stay here again simply because I would want something newer and cleaner feeling. Nothing was wrong with this room. If you are looking for an inexpensive to the point, no frills place. This is for you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

This is the hotel for you if you want a clean comfortable place to sleep, park your car (free if charge) and then just go exploring. It is not romantic or luxurious. It just "does what it says on the tin". I was satisfied with the service and I would stay there again.

1  Thank Barry0001