Castle Inn
US$260
US$185
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$235
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$222
  • Room Service
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$212
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$511
US$476
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$345
InterContinental
  • Pool
US$444
US$398
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$329
US$278
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspolk streetfree parkingyogurtcereal barsfisherman's wharfgave us a maprussian hillvan nessgreat locationfridge and microwavestay there againwithin walking distancesafe neighborhoodcontinental breakfasta great place to staypublic transportationsized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I'm writing this review sat on the floor of the balcony outside my room on the 1st floor of the Castle Inn. This is the only way I am able to use the provided Wi-Fi, as the connection is non-existent in my room. It's a shame that I have to start on this negative note, however, the Wi-Fi issue has tainted what would have been a fairly pleasant stay. That said, The location of the Castle Inn is excellent and the price paid is definitely worth it for the convenience of accessing the many local attractions which SF has to offer. The provided parking is also a real boon, especially for people like myself who are mid way through a family road trip in a rental car. The room itself is clean and functional, albeit very dated and slightly cramped with two queen beds and four occupants. A fridge and a microwave are provided, along with a TV and a hair dryer. My wife and I have found the beds to be too soft and we've both woken with crippling back ache, however, this is subjective and from reading the reviews of others not necessarily the norm. Having arrived late (approx 1100 pm) we were met by an extremely helpful gentleman on the front desk, who provided us with a map of the local area and as much information on where to see; eat; visit and avoid as we could absorb. Speaking of such, there is a very useful launderette within a 5 min walk on Van Ness Avenue and a plethora of decent restaurants on the adjacent Polk Street. If you're in need of a quick bite I can thoroughly recommend Escape from New York Pizza, which seems to be doing a roaring trade with the other guests. All-in-all I would recommend the Castle Inn if nothing else for it's price, convenience and location. With a minor update and a decent internet system it would easily get 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which is near to the router.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on my own while in SF. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and there is free wifi, free parking, and a free small breakfast (yoghurt, fruit, muesli bars, coffee, tea) - though nowhere to really sit while you have it so it is best to pop down to reception, grab what you want, and take it back to your room.
The rooms are spacious with heating and cooling, a large tv, a desk, a table, a microwave and a mini fridge. Bathroom was clean and adequate. No in-house room service, but they do utilise a delivery service, but why would you bother with so many great cafes and restaurants in the area?!
The neighbourhood was just lovely. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk down to the Fisherman's Wharf area, and Russian Hill is a lovely spot with lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, boutique shops along Polk St and Chestnut St. I also love Fillmore St for shops and restaurants, in the Pacific Heights neighbourhood, which is about a 20 min walk from the hotel too.
It's not downtown, but actually I think it's much nicer, and downtown is still accessible (substantial walk or quick bus ride).
I recommend this hotel for a no-frills but very comfortable stay in San Francisco.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank jlb96
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed for two nights and it was OK. The location is great - everything is pretty much walkable from there - especially China town, Little Italy, Fin district, even Union Sq. Great walks around the Russian hill. The room was ok, although the bed was pretty soft. Given the price (190 per night) it was a decent value for money. As you would be spending most of the time in town this accommodation is sufficient. The location is fairly quiet, even with the window open. Overall we thought it was good value for money and would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lukas F
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Initially, I was worried about the location but we were in the back and I slept without earplugs. Great neighborhood; around the corner Peets, and a Starbucks, Real Foods and a Walgreens. The breakfast is packaged pastries, fresh fruits, yogurt. They make one large coffee urn and when that was gone, they suggested I make the coffee in room...Peers was the ticket!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank debralou
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great location best of all a "Friendly!!!" Check in helping a couple of "Stressed Aussies" deal with USA stop sign etiquette!! As well as being on the "Otherside!!!" Of the road...most of all taking time to " Suggest" something's of interest given our lack of time & how the "Public Transport" system worked this made a short time absolutely great & left us wanting to come back to see more!!!! & when we do we will be sure to stay @ Castle Inn!!!!

I'm just very sorry I can't remember the names of the couple managing the complex, but both of them made us so welcome for our 2 nights!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013