The motel has a great location and is really easy to find as just next to Van Ness (101). From there it is easy to walk pretty much anywhere.
It has free parking but the parking lots were very busy and beware it isn't easy to park and turn around with large cars as they are quite small. Still we were able to find a spot almost every time.
The rooms are large and practical, nothing fancy.
Forget the free breakfast, it is poor, go across Van Ness to the dinner of another motel which serves wonderful American style breakfasts.
I have stayed in this motel several times in the past 15 years and it seems to me that the rates have considerably increased even though nothing major was redone, at least from what I could see. I preferred when it was cheaper and there was no free "breakfast".
The new Managers are friendly enough and helpful with tips for the city which is always appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described by guests as "the ideal place to stay in San Francisco," Castle Inn offers beautiful rooms, a fantastic location, and wonderful, friendly service. With FREE PARKING, FREE wireless internet access, in-room coffee, cable TV with HBO, hairdryers, iron/boards, mini-fridge/freezers, microwaves, a/c, and mini-breakfast, you have all of the comforts of home. Perfectly situated for your SF visit, we are within walking distance to Fisherman?s Wharf, Chinatown, Cable Cars, Crookedest Street, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hotel San Francisco
- Castle Motel San Francisco
- Castle Inn San Francisco