“For "market street" the noise was unreal”

Travelodge San Francisco Central
Ranked #207 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
“For "market street" the noise was unreal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Adequate room. Suspect dodgy hotel neighbors. Cab driver warned me to be careful of this place. Known drug dealers.
I have been awoken since 2 am an people above me playing loud TV, sounds like moving furniture around. Called front desk. Now 4 am no help. Noisy and intolerable especially considering the price. Hideous

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Tonynhawaii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Santana de Parnaiba, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

There must have been a huge renovation in the rooms (or at least in the one I stayed in) because it looks nothing like the guest pictures I've seen. No fans, messy wires or old linnens.

Good, clean room and bathroom... Confortable bed.

Excelent front desk service from Imran allowing a 4-hour early check-in... After a long 17-hour trip to get there, it was very valuable!!!

Good location in terms of being near the places I needed to go, but not a good district (at night, at least).

Overall good experience...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed there last night and it was so terrible and frightening that we slept on the top of the bed clothes. We went to our first room and it was so filthy that I. Couldn't bring myself to even sit down. There was as stench of "pot" drifting from the next room. We complained and we were offered another room, this time comically "non smoking". This room was slightly better but still not clean by reasonable standards. It was late so we decided to stay but we just stayed fully clothed and lay on top of the bed clothes, I didn't dare get under the sheets. Then the fun began, directly above us it sounded like there was a full on party, at the same time there was a constant banging which sounded like they were taking the walls down. The drunks and prostitutes outside were very unnerving. The pimps coming back and forward throughout the night were frightening, this was all happening directly outside our ground floor room. At one point when we looked through the window we got an unwelcome view of a prostitutes uncovered genitalia. I didn't dare go outside yo complain during the night but when I complained in the morning was told that there is nothing that they can do about it, the area is a bad one. I am visiting from the uk and thought that theatres was an acceptable one, how wrong I was! Don't make the same mistake as me. Please be careful.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mattvinyl

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I needed a place to stay for under 100 dollars and travelodge central offers that in an amazing location. The front desk clerk Imran was very helpful when I asked him for advice on where to eat in San Francisco. The room was clean and is no frills. If you're a broke skater wanting to visit SF then Travelodge on Market street is the place to stay at

• Stayed November 2013
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I work in the city 5 nights out of the week and stay here every time if don't want to drive an hour back home.... This hotel has improved so much in the passed 3 months. It used to be really loud n the rooms weren't that clean, but lately I have not had one issue. It's not the best area but the staff and hotel maintenance staff do a great job. When I had an issue with one of my rooms the front desk was eager to help me to their best capability. The 3 staff member that do the best at this hotel are Eric, Elias and Imaran. Each of them has had their own part in helping me. I lost my phone charger and Eric was sweet enough to give me one from the front desk because it was late and there weren't many stores open near to purchase one. Elias is always charming and a hard worker at the front desk, there's never a long wait in the lobby when he is behind the counter. Imaran always makes me laugh when I arrive, he's got a great personality and definitely enjoys his job. With staff like them you will enjoy your stay guaranteed! They all seem to care a lot about helping the guests and making sure your stay is as best as it can be!! I will continue to stay here time and time again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business