Firstly, to my confusion ,there are 2 Marriotts at Union Square. This is the not so glamorous one.
Summary - no problem, pleasant enough stay, but i wouldn't say luxurious. staff ok, rooms ok, food ok, pricing a little expensive for what it is, but San Fran is expensive, so it is ok compared to other places. Location, great.
Staff: Nothing to complain about, there were no problems and staff were nice, assisted whenever i required it, but just missed that step up to the top level of restaurants. Like I said, they didn't do anything wrong, but you can just feel the difference when you step up in class of hotel.
Rooms: We had a junior suite or king corner, can't remember, which was again, nice enough size, not overally huge. I was a bit disappointed that there was no mini bar in the room, no complimentary water which i would think would be thrown in considering the amount of money you are paying. Plastic bin (i know it sounds crazy) but it is just these little things that separate good hotels from great hotels. When I mentioned the mini bar and the water at checkout ,the reservations desk did apologise as she believed it should have had it, but she wasn't sure and again, it seemed to be in the too hard basket to clarify it. I should have asked earlier, but it was not a big deal, just a personal preference to have it.
Great location right at Union Square, a block away so you can walk to all the shops. Very convenient.
Overall summary - a bit overpriced, not upmarket glamourous, but compared to what else is available for pricing, i would most likely consider staying there again because it is central and no major dramas with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Francisco Marriott Union Square hotel offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from the hotel. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, the San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square