I contacted the Concierge to have a couple plates, flatware sets, a sharp knife, and a small refrigerator brought up to our room to prepare for a in-room picnic dinner. Everything was provided in a timely manner, perfect for a romantic night in...
Besides the service, the location is great: within easy walking distance to Union Square (it's actually located one block off), as well as the Ferry Building (Sutter Street runs radially out from near the Ferry Building, intersecting Market near Sansome) and the Moscone Center.
We were in town for both business and pleasure, and the hotel served both more than sufficiently. We had been upgraded to corner room with a king-sized bed and south- and west-facing window bays with operable windows for fresh air. Given the price, we were glad that we were covered on company expense!
We only ate in the hotel restaurant a couple times: once for the buffet breakfast on the morning we checked out, and once for an early dinnertime snack before going to a show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Francisco Marriott Union Square hotel offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from the hotel. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, the San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square