“Nice and quiet”
Review of The Richmond

The Richmond
Reserve with OpenTable
The Richmond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #809 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: The Richmond
Cross street: 7th & 8th Avenues
Reviewed 12 August 2013

What I like about this place is the fact you feel like you are in an expensive, but small restaurant. It's cozy and very quiet, the staff very courteous, the food delicious. Nothing too fancy, which explains the prices that are quite reasonable but whoever you take out to The Richmond with will feel very special.

1  Thank Flomij

Reviewed 19 July 2013

While visiting my daughter in San Francisco, we went to this very cozy restaurant near her apartment. I enjoyed the salmon, and we also had hanger steak--very good. The first course option were rather small in size. She comes here often and she mentioned that the menu rarely changes and there are usually no specials.
Jeremy, our server, was excellent. We had a great dessert made with coffee. We had made a reservation, but found this night not to be very busy.

1  Thank Shorthand
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I haven't been here before, but was invited by friends who live in the neighborhood. I had a really terrific hanger steak - perfectly cooked - and started with the roasted beet salad, which was wonderful. I didn't have dessert, but my companions did, and their reports were excellent.

San Francisco doesn't lack for great food - but we are entirely deficient in restaurants that are quiet and cozy. I've begun to walk out of restaurants that are too noisy for conversation. The environment here is perfect for talking. I was very, very happy to eat great food AND be able
to think out loud at the same time. Bravo! I'll come back.

1  Thank RickFig
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I like this restaurant because it is very small and warm. My husband thinks it is expensive for the food you actually get. The owners are very nice. The restaurant is kind of hidden away on Balboa street in SF. I like the fact that they are committed to using local organic vegetables.

1  Thank standpood
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Rented an apt. in this district which is convenient to public transportation, Golden Gate Park, etc. and you can get anywhere in the city. It is full of great little shops and a wide array of restaurants - we had Burmese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc. and all were good. Just a pleasant neighborhood ambience with lots of friendly people.

1  Thank BAGman2011