“Fun place for live music”
Review of Biscuits & Blues

Biscuits & Blues
Reserve with OpenTable
Biscuits & Blues is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #295 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: Geary St.
Transit: Muni: 30 & 45 stops at front door, 38 Geary, Powell Station; Cable Car; BART: Powell Station
Description: Biscuits and Blues expertly pairs world class blues music with award-winning southern style cuisine, to customers of all ages where everyone has a front row seat to the show. The venue is lucky to have some of the best Blues musicians in the world right here in the city, and has been honored time and time again as the Bay Area's #1 Blues club. On any given night you'll find ribs on the grill, New Orleans-style Gumbo in the pot, and Creole Jambalaya hot off the pan. Biscuits and Blues also serves California wines, local microbrews and their signature selection of specialty cocktails from their full service bar. Six nights a week Biscuits and Blues works to keep the blues alive with two shows a night. If it's Blues, they approve: Delta, Chicago, Texas, Boogie-woogie, Gospel, Old-time, Jazz, Brass and Soul. For 20 years Biscuits and Blues has earned the respect of the Blues community and has been named America's #1 Blues nightclub by both the Blues Foundation and by the Bay Area Blues Society.
minnesota
“Fun place for live music”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It's a great place for live music. It's small and intimate. I was worried it would be too loud but they control the volume for such a tight space.

If you're going expecting great food you might be disappointed. Stick to the basics, like fried chicken, and you will be happy. I must say, however, that the Caesar Salad I had was the best I've ever had. They use huge leaves of crispy Romaine instead of the usual small chopped up variety. It was delicious, with a generous amount of dressing, which I like.

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Oakland, California
“Great entertainment”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food is decent. i wouldn't call it outstanding but matched with the entertainment, you are guaranteed to have an enjoyable evening. The atmosphere is casual and jeans are not a problem.

Visited June 2014
“all great, shame about the service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to spend our last night in San Francisco here, we went in, venue was nice, low ceiling, intimate. We were put on a wonky table. We eventually got water and then eventually (20mins) later were asked what else we'd like to drink, we ordered our food, starters and mains at the same time and were asked if we'd like it all brought out together... Erm no! We'll have starters first thanks.
First round of drinks came and my Husbands drinks were wrong (didn't bother complaining, they weren't interested.)
Food came, thankfully it was delicious! Finished our starters, the plates were never cleared away then they brought the mains out, obviously there was no room on the wonky table. So we help get the table cleared, I ask for a new knife and fork and he hands me the dirty ones I've just used with my starter!!!
Again the food was thankfully superb. The entertainment was brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it! The service however, we've had better at home in the UK. Unfriendly, uninterested and frankly very disappointing.

1 Thank Emilou83
Clearlake, California
“Nice Small Venue”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Other reviewers would have you expect a food apocalypse here, that was not our experience. The food was actually much better than I expected, as was the service. Catfish fingers were warm and crispy with a nice breading and decent dipping sauce. gumbo was also acceptable. We saw Sista Monica here, the show was very enjoyable although not very long, and the musicians were first rate. Overall, I felt the evening was very enjoyable and I would go there again.

Visited June 2014
Santa Cruz area CA
“GREAT CLUB - intimate venue - all seats excellent!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Attended a fundraiser for musician Harvey Mandel - the personnel were attentive, caring, respectful and accomodating. Harvey's all star guests looked and sounded tremendous here in this cozy venue. Efficient service, pleasant bar, wonderful sound system - and excellent sightlines from everywhere! Drinks wonderful; also had fried calamari - both plentiful and tasty. The venue was flexible and helpful in getting this fundraiser to be a success. They attract a variety of notable artists, and are in a convenient part of town with close parking. I enjoyed the show here immensely - comfortable, clean, artsy atmosphere - enjoyable! Conducive to conversation between songs and acts, not LOUD like some venues - a first choice to see an artist or experiment with a new act you may not be yet familiar with - you'll totally enjoy them here - I'm delighted I discovered this "insider's" spot!!

• Visited May 2014