“Delicious and tasty food”

Cafe Bistro - Nordstrom San Francisco
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Bistro - Nordstrom San Francisco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #686 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: 5th Street
Transit: Bart and MUNI Powell Street Station
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We came here so early and was seated near the window. The staff was really nice and friendly.
The service is just outsanding. I just have a spectacular view of the cable cars going up and down the street. O ur food are just heaven, grilled ham and cheese. The prices are very cheap and so affordable. Cant' wait till I come here again next year. What a truly wonderful trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I were scrambling to find a nice place for dinner during out last night's stay at the Hotel Palomar in San Francisco, since, in all of my genius, I decided to book reservations for practically every night except our last one thinking it would be fun and hip to "wing it." We quickly realized this was a terrible idea and scoured the web for places, when, my husband, who is forever on a quest for the best bread pudding in every city we visit, came across Cafe Bistro in a Nordstorm's mall within walking distance of our hotel, which was known for this dessert. We made reservations about an hour or so in advance, but I was extremely skeptical given it was in a mall department store and was afraid we would find a food court-type experience, something I did not want for our last night in San Francisco. I have to say we were both completely blown away (and my husband relieved, of course) by the atmosphere, food, service, and even prices for the Bay Area. They have an extensive wine and beer list and a beautiful bar at the entrance. To boot, we were seated by a window with sweeping views of the city, and our service was prompt and courteous. We split the ceviche appetizer, while my husband ordered the crab macaroni and cheese and I ordered a rich, beef pappardelle pasta dish. And, the telling moment of course, my husband ordered bread pudding with raspberry while I had the profiteroles (French Cream Puffs in chocolate sauce, and yes I had to look up the spelling for it just now), both a decadent and wonderful end to our meal. We had no idea this place even existed until our last night, and even beats the more well-known, visible restaurants in the city! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch this afternoon and were seated window side for a great view of the city. The lemonade was fresh-squeezed and the iced tea refreshing. I had the lime cilantro shrimp salad and it was delicious. My husband's grilled ham and cheese was also good. He especially liked the thin-cut fries, not quite matchstick size.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

While in San Francisco on a shopping trip, I knew beforehand where to go for an enjoyable lunch, having been there once before. From the moment I was greeted until I paid my bill and said goodbye, the staff was friendly, knowlegeable and attentive. Go early as the restaurant fills up quickly, especially the window seating. My table was window-side and I looked out over the cable cars going up and down the street as well as historic buildings. My selection was a Dungeness Crab Louis Salad of moderate proportion, but extremely fresh and appealing. Dungeness Crab is my absolute favorite crab. The dessert selections are selective and well described by the wait staff. My choice was a White Chocolate Bread Pudding. Although in my lifetime I have eaten very few bread puddings, this was the most exquisite and delicious serving ever. The portion was so huge that it caught the attention of another diner at the adjacent table who asked what the dessert was. It was obvious the patron wanted a bite, but I kept it to myself. The dessert was so large it could be shared with up to three of four people and I only ate half. The total bill, before tax and tip, came to $26.90

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The quality of the food and service was 5 Star. The seasoning and menu selection was excellent. Wait staff was attentive and never let our water glasses go dry!