“Pot Pie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tipsy Pig

The Tipsy Pig
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tipsy Pig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Cross street: Pierce and Scott
Transit: 30, 30x, 28, 76, 43
Description: The Tipsy Pig is as American Gastropub featuring 50 artisan local and international beers, and seasonal and simple American cuisine. Our food, beer and wine selection concentrate on small American producers and our bar is open late every night. The Tipsy Pig is our passion and we look forward to sharing it with you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pot Pie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've been to this place a few times now, and I always order the pot pie.
It comes in an oval bowl and has this awesome rectangular crust that drapes over the sides and bakes up really nicely.

Best described as hot, savory, wholesome goodness! Pair that with one of their beer selections and now you're talking.

The bar area can get crowded - mostly loud younger folks (I'm vintage 1966 so this doesn't apply to me so much anymore), but there's an elevated section for dining that doesn't get as crazy.

There's also what looks like dining in the back area but I've never been back there.

Wait staff has always been amazing. I'll go back every time I'm in town, for sure.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Danville, California
“Strawberry Field”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

The tipsy pig is in a great location and has the best strawberry drink..if you like strawberry drinks. Be careful more then one can be danger :)

Visited October 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stumbled across this place when we were after something light for tea after a few drinks. Shared the sliders and mac and cheese. Great beer food.

Went again a couple of nights later when there were queues outside every restaurant in this part of town, food was good but compared to other restaurants i have eaten at I would mark as average. I had the chicken with mash and my husband the burger and fries. Good value for money in a buzzing atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Yum! Get a seat on the back patio.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I ate here twice while on a recent trip to SF. Once for lunch on the back patio. I had the duck confit, which was crispy and delish, and my hubby had a burger which he enjoyed. We also came by for a light dinner one night. I had the mini pot pie which was stuffed with chicken and a pastry shell and hubby had the pork sliders. Both were yummy, good atmosphere, decently priced.

• Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Solid But Not Spectacular Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

First off, I would actually give the Tipsy Pig a 3.5 if it was available. Our recent Sunday lunch at the Tipsy Pig was what you would want in most cases - a good, decently priced meal. But, the food isn't knock your socks off and service was only so-so.

When we arrived, it took quite a while for our server, Sean, to make his way to our table and we were about to leave when he finally arrived. Realizing his slowness and the crowd in the restaurant, we ordered both our drinks and meals immediately. The Tipsy Pig has a good variety of beer, wine and cocktails, but we played close to vest and ordered a couple of Abita beers. For our meals, we ordered the fried chicken sandwich and the braised pulled pork sandwich. Our food came out fairly quickly and both sandwiches were good. But, when we wanted to settle up, we once again had to wait on our server.

During our visit to Tipsy Pig, there was quite a large number of young brunch goers at the restaurant and, with a large group seated near us, things got loud at some points. Also, the two seat tables were situated quite close together, so when things were a little more quiet, we heard all about the personal life of the young lady seated next to us. If this type of atmosphere is your thing, you won't have an issue. If you like things a little more sedate, you may not feel comfortable.

• Visited August 2013