SOMA Park Inn - Civic Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$209
US$187
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
US$190
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$170
  • Restaurant
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$209
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$236
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$288
  • Fitness centre
US$512
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorroom was cleanbumsubersfo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room is fine, quite comfortable, and the location is pretty decent. It's only a couple of blocks from BART and Muni, and there's parking too of course. But it's very NOISY. This is an old motel, on the corner of 9th and Mission. There's a building site opposite, but it's the cars, buses, trucks, and everything else that creates noise which then echoes around the central open area of the building.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Manager1019, General Manager at SOMA Park Inn - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay at our inn. Unfortunately, you are absolutely correct, we are located at busy corner and at times it can be a bit noisy.
We have insulated windows in all of our rooms, but there are times when it is less than ideal to block out the street noise.
Nevertheless, we hope you give us a try again the next time you visit SF.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We came down to San Francisco to enjoy the 4th of July. I often book with Choice Hotels and figured I would again search for a choice hotel. Well this place is far from the quality that I know Choice Hotel International expects. We almost got killed walking from the Bay Area Rapid Transit Station to the hotel. We get to the hotel and you have to be buzzed in to even get into the office. Once in the office we were greeted by a staff member who was less than thrilled to be working. While checking her the staff members child was in a back room screaming bloody murder. She left the desk to go shut him up and then came back. At this point my wife and I are already ready to get the hell out of here. We finish check in and are directed to use this sketchy service looking elevator. We make it to our room which stunk to high heaven. My wife and I made a quick decision to get our money back and get the heck out of this place. We went back to the front desk and notified the unenthused staff woman that we needed our money back and had an emergency. The emergency was getting out of this hotel and neighborhood as quickly as possible. I requested my money back. She refused. I asked for a choice hotel credit and again she refused. I informed her that I knew she could do something for me. I'm a cop and could read her body language. She just didn't want to help in anyway. I asked to speak to a manager and he said no one was here. I asked her to call the manager and she told me that he was unavailable. I asked when he would be available and she said noon of the next day. Of course right after check out time. I asked for his name and her name. She was reluctant to give me her name but eventually did. I then informed her that I would be contacting my contact at Choice Hotels Corporate Offices. She told me that "this hotel is privately owned" basically hinting that corporate wasn't going to do anything. She I'm afraid is going to be looking for another job once corporate comes in for a random inspection of this dump. I'm sure corporate wouldn't want their brand affiliated with this place. I am calling my contact with corporate on Monday morning unless my card is refunded by local management. DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tlang46815

Your comments are very helpful in trying to improve our level of service and delivering a positive experience for our guests. Be assured that we have taken certain steps to make improvements.
We apologize for the inconvenience during your recent visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Flee! This is the worst hotel that exists. The room smells toilets, carpet is disgusting, you can not even walk barefoot. In the neighborhood there are a lot of homeless people and offenders. We do not feel safe.
I urge you not to take this hotel.
I am currently in the hotel and I have not even spent the night, I booked 3 nights and I really regret it.
I immediately booked another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ines z

So sorry to hear that our Inn did not meet your standards. All of your points were noted and we will address issues to the best of our ability. Our neighborhood is in transition and probably looks worse than it really is, as evidenced by the increasing number of people actually owning or renting in our immediate vicinity.
Nonetheless, we are sorry that you didn't have a positive experience at our inn.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff.
Great daily parking value.
I was in and out.
The rooms come with microwave and refrigerator.
The location is perfect.
Of my visits to San Francisco, the Rodeway Inn is one of my favorite choices.
I highly recommend it because of the cleanliness and location.

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager1019, General Manager at SOMA Park Inn - Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you very much for your input regarding your stay in May. We pride ourselves in providing clean, comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price.
We hope to see you next time you visit SF.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Certainly adequate and my least expensive option. The hotel is definitely in a sketchy couple block area at the corner of Mission and 9th. I felt ok but would not bring my wife and kids. Two female colleagues also stayed at this hotel and were uncomfortable returning after dark. Rooms are adequate: clean towels and sheets and the bathroom area was clean. Carpet was oldish so cleanliness was difficult to discern. Small coffee maker, a microwave and a small refrigerator. Flat screen TV is nice. Design (open courtyard) and location make noise an issue for what I am guessing is every room. My ear plugs provided a satisfactory work-around. Our last evening was even louder with a group of guests drinking and standing in open doorways. An altercation the next morning at 5:30am in the courtyard/parking area was even more unpleasant. My calls to the front desk to alert them were never answered. Nobody at the front desk upon departure at around 8:30am.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are sorry for not meeting your expectations. Hotel policy is to have doors open by 7am. On your departure date, more than likely there may have been a few minutes where the front desk personnel may have stepped outside or upstairs for some reason. We appreciate your input so that we can continue to improve the level of service we provide to our customers.