“Not great. And that's being polite.”
Review of Punch Line

Punch Line
Ranked #21 of 58 Fun & Games in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Come laugh your way to this reasonably priced comedy venue.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

If your idea of humour include racial sex jokes then this is the place for you. Otherwise look somewhere else. Maybe it was our bad luck, but the humour was repetitive and juvenile. To top it all off, a 2 drink per person minimum spend adds insult to injury.

If this was a school report, it would read 'must try much harder'. Good luck for the future guys.

1  Thank Lisa J

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The main act was so drunk she was slurring! Her performance was more similar to a stream of consciousness than a comedy routine. Not funny at all to watch an intoxicated person complain about how much they had to drink while improvising to be able to fill out the performance with words.

Also, very rude staff. Terrible service. Worst of all, they overcharge your credit card to set the tips to what they think is appropriate. I feel cheated and scammed. I really thought The Punchline would deliver...

1  Thank Elin O
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was my first trip to the Punch Line -- an early Friday night show featuring Dan Soder. From the intimate setting to the stage backdrop, wonderful warm-up acts and 16-oz. cans of PBR, this club keeps it real. Soder's hard-working and gut-busting funny. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We booked tickets to see Will Durst at Punchline, and he never disappoints. What we hadn't counted on, was his opening act being hilarious. Maureen Langan was a riot. One of the funniest standup comediennes I've ever seen. If she'd been opening for just about anyone other than Will Durst, she'd have stolen the show. Amazing, and I can't wait to see her somewhere again. However, this review is supposed to be about the club itself. Only one hitch, they didn't have our tickets ready at the door, even though we had ordered over the phone, directly with the club, the week before. They rectified the error, once my husband was able to prove payment with a receipt on his Smartphone. Everything else ran smoothly. The waitstaff is always cheerful and professional. I couldn't take/fill cocktail orders in the dark, don't know about you. They work very hard. If I had just one criticism it would be that their appetizer menu is a bit limited. I'd like to see it expanded.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visited Punch Line during our short stay in San Francisco. The comedians were all hilarious; my husband and I enjoyed every minute! Also, I have to commend the staff because they were very accommodating and understanding when I had an issue with a voucher I had purchased from another website. I really appreciate them working with me on that. You don't get customer service like that everywhere you go, so it was greatly appreciated. If we ever head back to San Francisco, we will definitely be stopping by Punch Line again! It made for an extremely entertaining evening.