“Predictably Delicious”
Review of 5A5 Steak Lounge

5A5 Steak Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
5A5 Steak Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Battery Street
Description: A stylish & modern take on the traditional steakhouse, blending the ambiance of a contemporary restaurant with that of a vibrant cocktail lounge. We serve the best, top quality steaks from around the world - US Certified Angus Beef and Australian 'Kobe' and the grade A5 100% Japanese Wagyu - highest grade of beef in the world. Our menu is also very accommodating with several non-red meat options and different sized portions available. Great for an outing with friends, a business dinner, or a romantic evening on the town- 5A5 caters to those looking for outstanding food & service complemented by a fun & upbeat dining experience. 5A5 - 5 senses / the A5 experience
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hamachi bite, Suzuki, Tuna Tataki and followed by the Lobster Tempura....the perfect small portions to accompany cocktails and great company. Delicious seafood presented in interesting and creative ways and a bar and wait staff that are both helpful and gracious.

Main seating was full (recommend making reservations) so we sat at the bar. The bartender made excellent recommendations for our smaller appetites, and cocktails that matched perfectly.

This is the fourth time I have dined here and its always a pleasure to taste the quality of a menu prepared with attention to detail.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I ate here with a large group (25) on June 30. Group dinners are often mediocre but this was great. We had two seafood appetizers, the one with ginger was exceptionally good. The salmon I ordered was delicious and the chocolate dessert creamy and just the right touch. The Pomerol wine we chose was also great. The staff were fun loving and efficient. It was a very good evening and terrific meal. I would definitely go there again when I am in SF.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Outstanding and surprise experience. I don't even like steak a great deal but this experience has ruined me for any other steak in the future. I also liked the ambiance a great deal: sufficiently intimate to have a private conversation and comfortable as well.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just enjoyed a fantastic Wagyu experience at the 5A5.

The steak was so tender it melts in your mouth and bursts with flavour, you certainly did not need the awesome steak knifes provided!

The ambience was exceptional and it was truly an evening to savour and remember

Reviewed 9 June 2014

They literally treated us like second class citizens because we where from New York and they would not be getting repeat business. First the Lobster Tempura took 30 minutes to get to the table. It was delicious no big deal. Then the steaks come out, my wife who asked for the demi on the side got it on the steak. Ten minutes later they bring her a new one. That steak is cooked wrong, I cut into my steak and it too is cooked wrong. They take all the sides and steaks back. We wait another 25 minutes for new steaks. My new steak was cooked right but was short on the demi and fodue that had been on the previous steak. They did try and cover it up with the herb salad there was also a few pieces of tendon still on the steak. Then to make it up to us the waitress pushed deserts on us that we didnt even want. Those deserts took 30 minutes to get to the table. We where at 5a5 for 3 hours and 20 minutes. That's one course every hour. They comped us one app and the deserts. A total of $50 for 3 hours of my life I will never get back. I wrote an email to the establishment and never heard back absolutely no follow through. PS they would have treated us better if we where not from out of town is what the waitress said to us.

1  Thank drohme205