“Clean and well kept we return every season"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Candlestick RV Park
Santa Clara CA
“Clean and well kept we return every season"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Candlestick RV Park is close access to San Francisco with shuttle service available. We choose to stay here during the 49er games rather than the Stadium RV park. The bathrooms are clean and you need a key to enter so there is some discrimination as to how they are treated. The park is jammed but immediately after the game and traffic the staff begans to clean it so you do not live among the trash. We know the staff and have usually found them helpful. You do need to speak with Chu to confirm reservations and also email to be sure you have it written, but some of that may be language barrier. We like this much better than other parks in the area for cleanliness and access. You will always pay more for access to San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandi G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

My family and I have stayed at Candlestick R.V. Park many times over the years. I can tell you their staff is great and over the years we never ever had a problem. Close to the heart of the city with a shuttle to get you there and all the 49er games we attended I would recomend this beautiful, clean and friendly R.V. park to anyone who wants the best !

Miles Smith

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kobe1951
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

We booked a 3 week stay for August 2010 at this RV park back in March 2010 and by June 2010 our plans had changed so we called to cancel our reservation. We asked the management do we need a cancellation number and they said "No, there is no charge and we will cancel your reservation." We thanked them and went on with our lives. Today, August 16, 2010, we received a phone call from a Mr. Chu Fung. He said he was going to charge our credit card $74 because we did not cancel our reservation properly. He said we had to have a cancellation number. We said but you told us we did not need a cancellation number. He is a scam artist and we should all beware of this RV park. They are not honorable people. We have currently filed a dispute for this charge with our credit card company.DO NOT TRUST THE MANAGEMENT OF CANDLESTICK RV PARK!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
13 Thank RVwithGeorgeNmartha
Orange, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

This place is notorious for ripping people off. I made a reservation to stay at this dump, and when I found out how filthy and dangerous it was to stay there I sent them an email asking how I could cancel my reservation. They emailed me back with, and I quote, "We will cancel your reservation at no charge." To my dismay a week later they charged my credit card $69. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and they rejected my dispute stating that I had not properly complied with their cancellation policy. There is a lovely campsite in Marin that will treat right.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
13 Thank bbeelner
San Jose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

I stopped by at this parking lot RV park to inquire about their services. The attendant was rude and did not know what a B-Class Motor home is. When asked about rates. I almost gave him piece of my mind but used discretion. Most places have a fee for dumping and water. This place did not. The guy kept insisting that they don't have water. Granted it in a good location, the spots are as crowded as DT SFO. For $70 plus tax per night, I would advise sleeping at a motel a few miles south and have a better sleep.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Lahore556
Caldwell, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

This is as others described a parking lot with painted lines between the sites, and the sites are small, given that it is the only park in San Francisco where you will not have to drive for an hour and pay the bridge tolls. The 28 day rate is one of the cheapest in the bay area at $960. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are well maintained, and if you use a shower closest to the door they have plenty of water pressure. We made reservations 6 months in advance to ensure that we would have a space for our awning and screen room, and the staff lived up to their promise that we would have the room.

The neighborhood is an inner-city area, but my wife and I used the public transportation, walking to the bus stop one block away, and we never had a problem, just be aware of your surroundings. We did have some items stolen from our vehicle at Treasure Island, a long way from the park. I would not suggest being on third street late at night. As far as the review of their kids being asked where they were from, this is not gang talk, but regular conversation. As far as people should never see this part of San Francisco, if you want a true feeling of a city, you should see all parts of it, not just the tourist areas.

The wifi only works around the office and there is no cable, which was not a problem with a satellite dish. It would help if they added some access points through the park to give all sites wifi, this is not expensive and would be a great benefit to the guests.

The biggest complaint that we had are the other people that were staying in the park. Many people are using the tent area for a bathroom for their dogs, which is against the park policy, who wants to put their tent down on top of dog urine. Other people were allowing their children to run through the park on skateboards and unsupervised just waiting for an accident, as well as disturbing other peoples peace and quiet, this again is supposed to be against the park rules, but does not seem to be enforced. There was a group from France who were the most inconsiderate group, yelling and laughing right until the 11 p.m. quiet time. This was the only time we had an issue with the park staff, after the second night of listening to this, we asked the security guard if he would talk to them, this was at 10:30 at night, and he stated he would not until 11:00 p.m. When it is supposed to be quiet time. We were raised in Idaho and taught when camping or in an RV you have consideration for your neighbors, I wish others had been taught this, as it would make a better experience for everyone in the park.

We would stay here again, especially if the rules start being enforced. We stayed here in a motorhome.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Daly City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#8 of 28 in South San Francisco
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Candlestick RV Park? Share your experiences!