“Excellent steak for a price”
Review of Harris' Steakhouse

Harris' Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Harris' Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
New York City, New York
“Excellent steak for a price”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a dinner in May at Harris'. That was one of the best steak I have ever had. Service, ambiance was excellent. I would definitely recommend Harris if you crave for a great steak...

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great old fashioned steakhouse restaurant”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner recently at this top restaurant. Our table was a booth in the main dining room. Lovely ambience and perfect for a nice romantic and relaxing evening. The staff were very polite and courteous providing advice on the menu and the wine list.
The room itself was decorated in wood paneling and a typical period old fashioned restaurant which we both liked. It had a lovely atmosphere.
Although very busy for a Tuesday night, the service was great. Not rushed and each course arriving at the right time. I went for the fillet mignon steak which was absolutely gorgeous. Melted in the mouth. My wife had the lamb chops which she said were lovely. We shared a desert of chocolate cake with ice cream which was Devine. Although expensive you pay for the quality and service. Well worth a trip for those looking for ambience, great food and a trip down memory lane.

Visited May 2014
Brooklyn, NY
“Great steak and service”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a classy restaurant that accepts casual dress. Tables are well spaced and the staff are most helpful. The steaks were excellent; My wife and I both had the porterhouse, a huge slab of steak perfectly cooked. The steaks come with crunchy garden vegetables and a potato of your choice. I wish they had the hash brown potatoes like so many other steak restaurants. Appetizers include the usual salads but I had a creamy parsely soup that was so good. Noise level was low. Wines are heavy California but many others as well .

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank shellyf
UK
“Hurray for Harris'”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Slightly out of town, the best street to walk up from the wharf is Polk street to get to this and the hill hike is worth every step for the deliciousness thats in store. We sat in the bar area with live jazz which was a treat! The sommelier served the ideal wine for us and gave us an insight into its production and flavours. My husband ordered the 28day aged Harry's Steak and I ordered the ribeye. Both came with veg and a choice of potatoes. Our waiter was very courteous and helpful, offering advice and information on our choices. We have to say both steaks were amazing and one of our top meals on our honeymoon travels around the west coast so far. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone for top food, terrific service and a delightful atmosphere.

Sterling, Virginia
“Classy and quiet place to unwind with a fantastic steak”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went to Harris' with a co-worker after a particularly stressful few days when we really just wanted to avoid anyplace to crowded or noisy and this place did the trick. The piano bar is charming and the bartender was polite, friendly and knowledgeable. I agree with other reviews that it is very much like visiting a different time, but in the best way possible. The service was great and the food was excellent, from salad to dessert.

• Visited April 2014