“Mountain biking in Marin County with 'Stoked SF'”
Review of Stoked SF

Stoked SF
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stoked SF is an adventure tour company that offers private Mountain Biking, Hiking, Surfing, Kayaking and Kite Boarding tours. Perfect for the most advanced to the person or group who just would like to experience a local's perceptive of the area in a relaxed and safe environment.
Sydney
“Mountain biking in Marin County with 'Stoked SF'”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hi,

I would highly recommend 'Stoked SF' if you're an avid mountain biker. I was fortunate to have a last minute work trip to San Francisco, with some Sunday free-time to spare.

Being an international visitor, I was going to make sure I didn't miss out on the opportunity to ride in Marin County.

Very happy to say that I had a superb day out! Really enjoyed my time with the guide (selected a one-on-one tour to get the most out of the day). After a short discussion about my preferences, the two trails selected for me on the day matched my level of fitness and technical skills - I had such a blast following the lines of the guide.

Great bike, good equipment, unforgettable trails, cool guide = great day out - no regrets!!!

I can't say it enough - I made the right decision to spend a day out with the Stoked SF team.

Thanks,
Nick H.
Sydney, Australia.

Visited April 2012

London, England, United Kingdom
“Awesome day out with Rob”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Had a great afternoon out with Rob - he hired me an awesome bike and took me on some super fun and fast swoopy singletrack. Next time I'm in SF I'll definitely be in touch with Stoked SF again.

Visited November 2011
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great guide,beautiful views.”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Rob was the best. We had limited time and mixed fitness levels but Rob was able to wow us with incredible views with the right amount of exercise for each person. He showed us a side of the San Francisco area I did not know existed. Out of a 7 day trip this was the best thing we did. Worth the money.

Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“If you need someone to show you the trails, Rob's your man”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I travel around the world with my work and I make the most of it. I will always try to get out for a surf if there are waves and I will definitely be out on a bike if there are any decent trails to ride.

I caught the ferry over to Sausolito where Rob picked me up with bikes and gear. No messing about, straight out to the trails in Marin Co.

Rob's trail knowledge is excellent, as was his ability to judge what pace to set. I primarily ride Downhill which takes a different kind of fitness (plus it might be said that I had a fair old hangover from the night before) but Rob knew about what pace I could keep while still pushing me. I did catch him in the descents!

I'll be heading out with StokedSF next time I'm in the area and have no hesitation in recommending them for a day out in Marin Co.

Cheers

Buter

Visited November 2011
Indianapolis
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Epic Singletrack Days with Stoked SF”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I was in San Francisco for a business meeting and was able to steal away two separate afternoons to go mountain biking with Rob. Setting up the trip was easy and Rob matched the ride to my abilities. The quality of the entire experience was simply excellent. The bike was a like new Marin, adjusted ahead of time for my specs. The transport to the trail was quick, easy and enjoyable. The ride was epic. I never had to consult a map. Rob gave me good forewarning of trail hazards, climbs, etc. When my oxygen debt was too great, we took breaks. The trails were excellent. Mid week it was like our own private track, no crowd whatsoever. Saturday I went back with my buddy who is a more advanced rider than me. Rob was able to pace the ride so that we both had a great time.

I felt that Stoked SF provided a great value in a bike tour. I could not have done the trip on my own and had the quality and peace of mind that Rob provided me. Next time I am in San Francisco, I will be sure to use Stoked SF!

Visited February 2012