“Mountain Biking in SF”
Review of Stoked SF

Stoked SF
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stoked SF is an adventure tour company that offers private Mountain Biking, Hiking, Surfing, Kayaking and Kite Boarding tours. Perfect for the most advanced to the person or group who just would like to experience a local's perceptive of the area in a relaxed and safe environment.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mountain Biking in SF”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was recommended to try Stoked SF, when I was looking for more advanced biking around SF than just around the bridge and Sausalito. I am an experienced biker, and regular visitor to SF, and I was delighted by my trip. Rob was great, very accommodating (he even bought the coffees!), and his equipment and knowledge more than adequate. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. Rob will take small groups, and can accommodate all skill levels easily. I will be back, and will bring friends and colleagues!! Just excellent!

Visited November 2013

Greenville, South Carolina
“Mtn Biking Marin”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent experience. Planned to ride only once during a brief visit to San Francisco, however the experience was so great I rode an extra day

Visited September 2013
Singapore River, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stoked with Stoked SF”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My son Tom (13) and I recently took a 2.5 hour ride with Rob of Stoked SF. Every aspect of the day was great, from the pickup at Suasilito Ferry we quickly got to the carpark to start the ride and then took off on a fabulous day. Even when I had a problem with my bike, Rob quickly rode back and swapped it out. The service was great! We had a wonderful ride through Marin and really enjoyed the trails, scenery and especially the eagles circling over head. Tom benefitted from Rob's tips and he had a great relaxed yet professional manner. I couldn't recommend Stoked highly enough, it made it possible to do something we love in another Country and experience it like a local Thanks so much Rob and hope we get to come back again some time.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank familyg422
Singapore, Singapore
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Best day out Mountain Biking!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I heard so much about riding in the surrounding hills of San Francisco and I really wanted to do a ride there. I quickly did some research via google and trip advisor. Stoked SF stood out in my research and I started exchanging emails with Rob, the wheeler-dealer-owner for StokedSF.

After navigating through Thanksgiving commitments, we finally settled on a date and I took the ferry from Pier 1 to Sausalito. Rob met me and we were off. He had a Marin full-sus bike for me, and I was happy with the set up. After popping in more air into the fork and air-can, we were off.

We rode China Camp State Park as I wanted a trail with flow and not too technical. Basically, I wanted to enjoy the ride, and was not training for anything. Rob parked off road, before the usual car park start point.

The trail was beautiful – dry, dusty, interspersed with rocks and roots. We did an initial 2-3km on a flowy ridgeline trail. Wild deer and turkey were out and about, right on the trailside. After the warm up, we rolled down to the China Camp car park and the start of the uphill. I was glad for to have the opportunity to stretch my legs first, as the uphill took us from zero to about 300m above sea level.

Rob punctured about three-quarters of the way up, and we spent sometime fixing that, and bending a broken spoke that was impeding his chain tension.

Once up in the hills, the fun really started. We did a technical downhill section first, with stepped roots and big clumpy rocks to catch out your tyre as you slide down. This became more flowy as we rode along a narrow ribbon of a trail, cut into the side of a hill. Eventually ended with an uphill climb again.

Back at the crest of our initial uphill effort, we backtracked and followed our line back. After we passed our puncture point, we rode across a bridge and picked up even more speed. This was the most fun I’ve had on a bike as we rode on single track downhill, across obstacles, in between trees and jumps. We gradually lost altitude through the nice flowy forest single track. Absolutely beautiful!

I highly recommend hooking up with Stoked SF for a ride along the famous trails around Marin County!

Ride videos [Part 1 only]

Visited December 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome fun”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

A truly great way to spend a day. We coordinated via email and were picked up from the Sosolito ferry terminal and driven to the tracks. A nice easy climb up, with a few nice flowing sections, before a bit of a steep climb to get to the top of the hill - only short though, before some amazing views and the fun really begins. The trip back down is awesome - flowing singe track, technical enough to keep your wits about you, but not so much that an inexperienced rider can't do it. Really great fun and our guide Darius was fantastic. All in all - I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day.

Visited November 2013