“A quick breakfast”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Read the reviews for this place on Yelp, they where highly rated so we walked from our hotel for breakfast. There was a line of around 15 people ahead of us, which seemed like allot. I asked one of the waters and he said it was slow for a Monday morning! You write your name on a list and they work to get you a seat asap. Ours took 35min. We sat out side which was much quieter and had a nice view. The thing we noticed as the plates where almost all piled high with fresh fruit, when our plates came they where as well and it was really nice fresh and tasty. The pancakes and eggs Benedict where good, not great but good. Once seated service was fast and they are all really great and aim to please. I would recommend this place and I will go there again next time I am in town.

2  Thank Muykido
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for making the effort to visit us, Muykido. We happy to hear you enjoyed your food and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stopped here for lunch after a 9am-1pm Grayline bus tour and was a little skeptical. I figured it was too close to the tour office to be any good, catering to those people who were doing the tour only. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. The sandwiches were wonderful, my son had pancakes that were great, but most of all there was a fresh fruit bowl ($8) that was huge and delicious, and all of our other choices had fruit on them also. Food is expensive in the city, but I felt as if we really got our money worth at the Hollywood Cafe.

1  Thank mamathoma

We're happy you made it in Mamathoma and glad to hear you enjoyed your meal so much. Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I must say that before we decided on this place, we had already eaten at 3 different restaurants here in SF and we weren't too excited about the cost of eating at each place so we contemplated on whether or not to hit up a Denny's or IHOP. Well, this place was worth it. Its such a nice and cozy place (we sat outside where it was a little chilly but a heater was helping out with that) and the food was awesome. I had a meatlover's omelette which was cooked well and had some fruit on top of it. They put a huge slab of hashbrowns on top of it that I couldn't finish. My wife had a croissant sandwich and the kids had pancakes. It is a little pricey but we had enough extra fruit to go that it kept us full on our drive to Reno. You guys have to try this place!

1  Thank Arthur D

We're happy you made it in to have breakfast with us and are glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for the visit and the nice review.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Saw all the hype on this little spot and we thought we'd try it. The hype is for real. We came early - 7am. No wait. Great food and service. We split Dolce French Toast and some hash browns. Trying to stay away from carbs, but couldn't resist. Fruit was fresh and delish. Feeling guilty - so we are walking back to our hotel to work some of the calories off. . Great spot. We loved it.

Thank you John. We appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This place is not much too look at but the food was great, the service was fast and courteous, and the location was great.

You know "the book by its cover" saying. That's us. Thanks for digging a little deeper and coming in to enjoy the food. We appreciate all the people who do that.