“Better sign and different colour will be great”
Review of City Sightseeing

and up
City Sightseeing San Francisco Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #77 of 289 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering Hop On Hop Off Double-Decker Bus tours of San Francisco, Alcatraz Tickets, Sausalito, Wine Country, Yosemite National Park, Monterey and more. We also offer discounts on many other San Francisco Attractions.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Better sign and different colour will be great”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Similar colour and name of the company in the area is very confusing, they seems to have less frequent schedule than others, guide is mixed, one like to shout at us :), a sign on the bus window to says red or green line will make it easier for tourist.

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Best way to see the city”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Go early morning as it gives you time to decide which places you want to return to later. Bit pricey but worth it.
Enjoyed the tour guides stories but sit near the front as we couldn't hear him at the back. The bus needs a better speaker system.

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Needs Improvement”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My experience with City Sightseeing was mixed. My boyfriend and I purchased the 2 day pass in San Fran. Our first day, we had a great tour guide from Boston. He was kind, funny, and very knowledgeable. However, the second tour we took, we had a guide from Germany. He was very harsh and brash, especially his driving. I was terrified that we would crash, and he nearly hit two children that were walking across the street. He honked at other cars incessantly, and complained about the tourists. Who do you think is on the bus?! TOURISTS. My boyfriend and I couldn't wait to get off of the bus. His aggressive driving was on another level- I was sure we would get into a crash. However, the third tour guide, Keith, was by far the worst. I was offended not only on a professional level, but also on a personal level. The way he spoke, the words he used, and his entire demeanor offended me. He yelled at my boyfriend, was rude to other customers, treated a few people on the bus like crap. He cursed multiple times, and frequently referenced drugs and sexual innuendos. His obsession with hippies simply creeped me out. All he did was talk about hippies: how they were in the 70's, when he was a hippie, and how we live in a hippie dominated society but we're brainwashed into thinking we aren't. For a family-friendly attraction, I'm horrified that this man is allowed to work for this company. In addition to his foul language and innuendos, he went even further, using some of the most offensive words and sayings I've ever heard. He repeated "p***y" more than 5 times, and also talked about how he "left a woman with her legs open and a smile on her face". Keith should be fired and I want my money back for the torturous time I had to spend on the bus with such an offensive and foul man. I wouldn't waste my money on the tour again.

2 Thank Paige W
New York City, New York
166 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“cool”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

As a former NYC, It was nice to see a tour with no headphones. The tour Guides are real with there own spiel on SF. They pointed out alot of key information and also were friendly with the staff. Just becareful as the bus is high you will hit some branches when you are sitting in the back

Visited July 2014
Bath
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unreliable and poor value for money”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Similar to Peter G's review below, we waited around 90 minutes at the Golden Gate Bridge after being told twice that our bus was "20 minutes away". Consequently, we wasted 90 minutes of perhaps the only day of our lives where we find ourselves in the beautiful city of San Francisco. What saves this company from getting an even lower review is the professional and jovial nature of the tour guides and drivers - they deserved a tip and we profusely apologise for not giving them what they earned, but we couldn't justifying putting more money into this ramshackle company having been so let down by them. There are plenty of other tour companies, and we noticed their buses seem to run a lot more consistently and regularly.

2 Thank Joey G