“A tour for me”

A Friend in Town Tours
Ranked #86 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy customized private tours of San Francisco (incl. places the big buses can't go), Napa& Sonoma wine country, Silicon Valley, Carmel, Big Sur. Unusual itineraries include: locales from Hitchcock's "Vertigo"; Russian River Wine Country; Filoli gardens. You can be picked up at your home, the airport, your hotel, even at your cruise ship dock--or dropped off there. We are especially accommodating to those with limited mobility, older folks, energetic children, foodies, photographers...and offer a warm dry alternative on rainy days. Come experience the off-the-beaten-path wineries where they'll treat you like VIPs, great gardens, legions of quaint Victorians, The Castro, hang-gliders, lighthouses, beautiful hidden vistas. Been here many times before? You still haven't seen all of our wonders.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bento Gonçalves
“A tour for me”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I did the silicon valley tour. It was very special, because "A Friend in Town" made a tour according my expectations. Since first contact until now, Jesse was very kind and tell us everything about the Bay Area. He is honest and an excelent guide. Thanks!

Visited February 2012

Honolulu, Hawaii
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Jesse turned a long layover in San Francisco into a great experience”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our return flight from Las Vegas included a 7 hour layover in San Francisco. We were traveling on New Years Day and thought it unlikely that we could get a tour on this holiday, but Jesse came through. He met us at the baggage claim at SF airport and provided a great 5 hour tour, which included the major highlights of San Francisco. He readily accommodated our requests (for restroom breaks, hunger stops, and photo opp's), giving the tour a truly customized feel. What we enjoyed and appreciated most was the wealth of information he shared. My father had taken numerous business trips to San Francisco, and he said he learned more about the city and visited more places with Jesse than during all of his past stays combined.

It cost a bit more for pickup and dropoff at the airport, but the convenience was well worth it. Jesse's van (a Honda Odyssey) was well maintained and comfortably accommodated our party of 6, including a toddler in a car seat. Overall, Jesse made a long (dreaded) layover in San Francisco a memorable experience.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank HIJetsFan
Tarzana, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“BEST!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We had been to SF many times, but never with our kids (ages 15, 10 and 8) so decided to get a tour. Jesse was great ... he made the tour age appropriate and interesting (even for me).

Visited August 2011
1 Thank SandraMom
Dublin, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We toured San Francisco, Muir Woods, Sonoma and Napa Valley. Jesse was very informative and very pleasant to spend the day with.

We would tour with A Friend in Town any time we are in San Francisco.

Visited December 2011
Toronto
“The best way to explore the San Francisco Area”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Having been to San Francisco before and only having a small amount of time, I wanted to see very particular spots such as Point Reyes, the Marin Headlands, and Muir Woods but I also wanted someone to share with me some insight into places and spots that were more off-the-beaten path.

When I inquired, Jesse was completely upfront about what we would be able to see within a day and I provided him with what I felt was most important and let him takeover from there. We were both a little concerned about the weather but the day turned out to be amazing with plenty of time to take photographs and enjoy the views.

Along the way, Jesse is a wealth of knowledge and would offer interesting history and perspective around places or points of interest.

If you're short on time and not sure where to go but have a couple of interests in mind, I would recommend contacting A Friend In Town because it's the only way you can combine what you're really interested in with lots of opportunity explore and learn about what you may not know about.

Visited November 2011