“Great Atmosphere but forget the food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bimbo's

Bimbo's
Ranked #62 of 318 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Fashionable since the 1950s, this club continues to attract the best lounge acts and the hottest music.
Wollongong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Atmosphere but forget the food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I saw the wonderful Yael Naim here recently and found it to be a really great venue for music. The old club ambiance gives the place a feeling of grown up sophistication while still being a fun place to be. The sound itself was excellent and a testament to both the acoustics of the room and a very competent guy on the sound desk. On the negative side was the food. I didn't come here for the cuisine but I did expect a bit more than the very ordinary burger, half cooked pizza and cold fries that my partner and I were served up. And the fact that this uninspiring fare came to us on paper plates with plastic cutlery tended to work against that sophistication that I mentioned earlier. On the drinks side I'll only say that the cosmopolitan that my partner ordered has been sent away for analysis but as yet the substance has not been identified. From the taste my guess is that cough medicine featured in it's construction. Don't let this put you off going though, the venue itself is worth the visit. Just eat before you get there, there's plenty of places close by.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank brucesee

Sacramento
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nice atmosphere, live music, can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Awesome venue, went to see a MJ tribute concert for Halloween and it was worth it. The band was good, had everyone on their feet. The place is not too big or small and makes for a nice intimate setting to enjoy with close friends. The ticket prices were reasonable too.

Make sure you take your cash since its a cash bar only. There is an ATM machine outside.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank ash0902
San Francisco
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Bimbo's 365 Club is Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have been going to Bimbo's 365 Club for years and have seen all kinds of performances there from Robin Williams to Rodney Crowell to Macy Gray to Chris Isaak to Gato Barbieri to Raul Malo. It is, by far, one of the best venues for entertainment in San Francisco. What's great about it is it has basically looked the same for years which is one of the reasons people love this venue so much. The acoustics are excellent. I have always had a wonderful time whenever I've gone to Bimbo's and never get tired of seeing people perform there. The tickets are generally very reasonable and it's a very nice intimate setting. I can only hope that Bimbo's 365 Club is around forever and ever. It's absolutely one of my favorite nightclubs. If you've never been there, you are missing something special. Go check it out one of these days.

Visited October 2010
2 Thank tahoerabbit
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great venue to see live bands & events”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I LOVE this venue! Why the 1 point off? I found that the website is very misleading. 2 drink min. required....but they have no way of keeping track if you have had 1,2, 12 or way more than you should they will never know when it's open seating and dancing. I also felt that the food menu (only 4 items) was not worth while. Our server was not the happiest person in the world either; she came back with our drinks (- the food) and said she needed to be paid now. I said I needed to go to the ATM and if I could pay when the food came. She said no and waited for me to grab $. The place is cash only....there is an ATM machine inside that will charge you $2.50 fee....so pull out what you need or be sure to have enough cash on you for the night. The bar never stopped serving nor put a cap on the amount of drinks 1 person could order. At some point the bar has a duty to stop serving if people can't focus or speak clearly. We were sitting right next to the bar and could clearly see the ones that shouldn't of had anymore to drink.
Aside from that, the place is awesome! Great dance floor, sound system and interior. Tip the lady cleaning the bathroom and don't be so rude that you can't clean up after yourself. No one wants that job....put yourself in that persons shoes and think twice before leaving your dirty items around for them to clean up after you.
Parking is difficult; if you get lucky parking on the street, make sure you read the signs or you may not find your car there when you return.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Jennifer D
Waukesha, WI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2008

I planned on going to the Isaac Delgado show here. I was going to call and order tickets, but on our way back to our hotel we came across the club and there were 2 guys at the door. I asked them if I could buy tickets for the 10pm show(it was 6) they told me that I had to get in line, there was no line. They told me that I was the line and that I had to get back behind the rope! They were very rude and didn't look at me at all, kind of looked past me. Some other people showed up that had tickets for the early show and they were also told to get in line, but on the other side! It was pretty funny, very arrogant staff. We left. If you work someplace and someone asks you a question, you should be courtious and not act like this customer is interupting you, especially if you are just standing there.

1 Thank majz1