“A Cool Place For Live Music” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Du Nord
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Cool Place For Live Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2003

Cafe Du Nord is an cool nightclub in San Francisco near the Castro district. In my experience, it has some of the best live music in town.
All different styles, some of which don't necessarily suit me. I've seen internationally acclaimed jazz acts, killer rock acts, maudlin (boring?) singer/songwriters and (loud) punk acts there in the same week. It's smallish, so the experience is pretty intimate. Recently saw the Zombies there, which was unbelievable in a place that size. The ambience is kinda upscale -- for a live music nightclub. Has a "hep" vibe with dark wood, purple curtains and deep red walls. Had a decent martini (or 3) and the food was surprisingly good. The staff told me the food is managed by Street Restaurant, a popular S.F. restaurant that I've been to before (23 points for Food in the most recent Zagat guide). Word to the wise, if you go to the Du Nord make sure you like the music style for the night. I'd recommend checking out the calendar on their website before going. It does a pretty good job explaining the music.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member