“Quite simply the best bookstore in SF”
Review of Green Apple Books

Green Apple Books
Ranked #14 of 292 Shopping in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This well-known used bookstore carries a wide variety of titles to suit all tastes.
San Francisco, California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Quite simply the best bookstore in SF”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I love, love, love Green Apple Books. It's quirky and disheveled, but you'll undoubtedly find so many books you never knew you needed. GAB offers both used and new books and the selection is outstanding. They will also buy books and give you either cash or credit (take the credit, it's a much better deal). The cookbook section is to die for and overall, the store has a variety that you cannot find in even the best independent bookstores (except maybe the Strand in NYC). There is also an annex a few storefronts away that sells used CDs, DVDs and the like. Pure book heaven!

Visited March 2012

bryn mawr, pa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Give me a place to sit and I would give it 6 stars”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

What a great bookstore. Whenever I travel, I love to seek out great used bookstores. Sure, those Kindle people can get a book downloaded in a nano-second, but they are still reading a kindle.
I want a book. Used. Cheap. And boy o boy, did I get them at Green Apple.
Located in the Inner RIchmond neighborhood, sprawled out among 3 or 4 buildings is the deliriously wonderful Green Onions.
Outdoor bargain bin netted me 6 books for a total of $8.00. Not a bad start.
Got the 2010 Zagat's for 92 cents plus tax.
Inside I found a fairly decent used mystery section, lots o' great fiction. Much more.
The only drawback, unlike other truly great used bookstores (Myopic in Chicago comes to mind) there was nary a spot to rest my weary bones as I wandered thru the aisles.
Then again, I might not have ever left.
All in all, a great place to spend a day. You cannot leave empty-handed. It's just not possible.

Visited July 2011