“Still the best in NorCal ”
Review of Green Apple Books

Green Apple Books
Ranked #15 of 302 Shopping in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This well-known used bookstore carries a wide variety of titles to suit all tastes.
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

It's not as good as Powells in PDX, but still the best in this part of the world. Been going here for years. Enjoy it before it goes away.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

HUGE bookstore! What could be better on a rainy day than an 2 story book store? One with fewer people lol I'd love to go back and explore the enormous selection of new and used books when it is less crowded. And when their maps of the store are restocked...a lot to take in on the first visit but worth going back!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This neighborhood bookstore has never let me down. I went there recently to get a book that was in high demand. They had many copies in stock. Their service is excellent. They have a plentiful selection in new and used. I couldn't ask for more from a bookstore.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

By and far the best book selection in the city. If you need a new best seller or a rare and obscure book, chances are Green Apple has it. Worth at least a (hour long) visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Yes, yes, we have a book addiction. Which is why our friends took us to this magical place. They knew I had a love for old SF paperbacks and I was not disappointed.

This place is actually two locations (the Annex just a few doors down). We spent time at both. left with a large bag full of wonderful books (so many that we ended up buying another suitcase - oy vey!).

One thing I absolutely loved about this place is their wall of international fiction. When you first walk into the annex, there on the right-hand wall is a beautiful display of works in translation. And since we are particularly interested in international fiction , this display had a special place in our hearts. Having it easily accessible in one location was a great idea, so hats off to whoever on their staff made that decision.

We could have spent HOURS there. If we had, we would have needed two new suitcases.