“Great Food at Tarantino's”
Review of Tarantino's

Tarantino's
Ranked #32 of 337 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This quiet and reasonably priced bar is a find amongst the Wharf's tourist hangouts.
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We ate at Tarantino's twice. The view over the marina is extraordinary, and we could see all the way to the GG bridge. We enjoyed Fish & Chips, Dungenous Crab, and Clam Chowder. Excellent food. Service wasn't quite perfect, but acceptable and not too annoying. We recommend Tarantino's.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Ordered a few dishes and chowder within our party. Everyone echoed tasteless, blah, boring. I saw more salt, pepper, grated cheese being added to dishes by all. Not worth it.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Waterfront seating at the marina with pretty good food makes a successful night. Seafood plates were fresh and service wasnt bad

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is yet another tourisy spot in the Fisherman's Wharf. A friend and I order the lunch special Clam Chowder and 1/2 Dungeness Crab both are super small portions. The only upside is that we sat by the window so we got a nice view of the area. But if you really have a craving for Crab and Clam Chowder, you can easily order some in the street.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I had a rather disappointing experience at Tarantino's this past week. Taking a seat upstairs, I did rather enjoy the nice views of San Francisco bay from this restaurant. However, I was the recipient of a shameless, rip off the tourist, meal experience.

I ordered the clam chowder served in a traditional sour dough bread bowl, which seems fine upon being served (see picture). However, as I put my spoon into the chowder, I found that it hit the bread almost as soon as being inserted. I began to move my spoon around and quickly realized that the bread bowl was carved only 1/2 inch deep. There was literally not enough room to rest my spoon before it found on the bread beneath.

To my amazement at how little chowder seemed to be in my bread bowl, I decided to count how much was actually there. 5 and 1/2 spoon fills worth of chowder and I had incredibly finished my meal (see picture of my finished bread bowl). The taste of the chowder was ok, I've had worse. However, the shockingly little amount of chowder they put into my large sour dough bread bowl was nothing short of shameless, a deliberate act of bad business practice.

Based on my experience at Tarantino's I have no choice but to recommend Trip Advisor readers to stay away from of this restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf. There are many restaurants in San Francisco that conduct good and fair business practices, not attempting to rip off tourists and visitors. Tarantino's doesn't appear to be one of them.

4  Thank BradJill