“Seafood by the water”
Review of Tarantino's

Tarantino's
Ranked #36 of 325 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This quiet and reasonably priced bar is a find amongst the Wharf's tourist hangouts.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Seafood by the water”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I had an early dinner at this restaurant on Thursday June 27. The place was rather "swanky". It was beautifully decorated. We sat by the window over looking the water.

I ordered an appetizer if grilled crab cakes and dish and chips for my entree. The crab cakes were very delicious- flavorful and tasty. I was very disappointed with the fish and chips. For $17 bucks i expected a fresh fish and maybe fries that didnt resemble McDonalds.

I was disappointed in the service. The place was practically empty and the waitress was no where to be found the majority of our visit. I had to go to the maitre d to request our bill. If it were not for the delicious crab cakes i would have rates this place one star.

I would also still recommend it for a visit.

Visited June 2013

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Good view -run of the Mill Food”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The view is great. If you sit upstairs by the windows you can watch the guy on the sidewalk who hides behind tree branches that he has brought with him and then rattles the branches at unsuspecting passers by. It sounds goofy but is hilarious to watch. The guys name is Dave and we were told he has been doing this for 30 years. The food is just okay. My husband had the clam chowder and it was a really not that good. He also had the shrimp salad and once again the shrimp were not very good. I had the muscles which were okay but I would never order them again. Still I think if you want good food you don't go to Fishermans Wharf to get it. It's all about the atmosphere. And it was worth it sit there, drink a beer,watch Dave scare the tourists and take in the view

Visited April 2013
Weatherford, Ok
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Super fresh and delicious Dungeness Crab! Best in San Francisco”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Our first visit, we walked up to their sidewalk crab place and were amazed to see crabs so fresh that they were trying to climb out of the basket they were in. We had a large crab cooked and took inside to eat. Fantastic!!! Far fresher and better than any of the high rated and pricey places that we have tried, and crab is our favorite when we visit San Francisco. The next day we arrived an hour later and all the crab had already been cooked and was on ice for ready warm up to eat for lunch. Still great! Today we are going back for lunch again. Their clam chowder is good too, and the staff members are wonderful! Available 11am to 5pm. Choice of outside or inside tables. Currently $10.95 per pound cooked, cracked and prepared on a nice plate.

Visited March 2013
Wantirna, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Nice views, but large open expansive restaurant with little atmosphere, had run out of a Few specials on menu for dinner, because 'they had had a busy day'. Service was a bit light on, save the time money and go to Pompeiis grotto instead

Visited December 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Food at Tarantino's”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We ate at Tarantino's twice. The view over the marina is extraordinary, and we could see all the way to the GG bridge. We enjoyed Fish & Chips, Dungenous Crab, and Clam Chowder. Excellent food. Service wasn't quite perfect, but acceptable and not too annoying. We recommend Tarantino's.

Visited November 2012