“Wow! There's jewelry stores and then there's Tiffany's”

Tiffany and Company
Ranked #43 of 286 Shopping in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Exquisite jewelry and other fine gifts can be had at this large West Coast branch of the famed New York institution.
Seattle, Washington
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Wow! There's jewelry stores and then there's Tiffany's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

What an amazing jewelry store. Another store worth a visit during the holidays. I was talking to one of the salespeople and they said that this is the 2nd largest Tiffany's (NY is #1). The jewelry selection and the way the diamonds sparkle are amazing. There is definitely something about being able to give that someone special a gift in a Tiffany box.

1 Thank Cary W

• Korean first
San Francisco
“Shopping at Tiffany's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2008

You can go to the Tiffany Union Square Store and have a fabulous experience; other times it can be awful, which has happened to me twice recently. I was given the Classic silver T-pen and pencil set as a gift 30 years ago, and have given it as a gift myself several times. It is a wonderful item, never changes, so you can replace it if lost. A year ago, I bought my mother the T-pen as an 80th birthday gift, had a wonderful shopping experience, and tried to follow it at Christmas with the pencil. They did not have it in stock, and were less than helpful, not being even able to tell me if it was still made. (I let it go, and tried to buy it closer to Christmas - same thing. I have just found the item on-line but the website does not work and I am unable to purchase it.)

After the first, wonderful, shopping experience, I went to the store with a friend from New York who tried to buy some initial pendants as graduation gifts. Same thing, poor and condescending service, and they were impatient with her. She is a picky shopping, but extremely sweet and polite, and they were not.

So 3 times out of 4, bad experience, it's a shame.