“Excellent choice”

Casa Loma Hotel
Province of Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Nice hotel. Simple but no complaints. Location is nice, a few steps away from a tram stop, well communicated. We had shared bathroom, but it was not a problem, we never had to wait. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Casa Loma. And I think it will be our last. The walls are just too thin. You are at the mercy of other guests being quiet.

We were a few rooms down from the bathrooms and everytime someone used it, we could hear the door open and close. The door to our room was so thin, you could hear people walking down the hall without them talking.

We could hear the people in the next room talking at normal volumes. And of course we heard them having sex.

I had to buy ear plugs to shut out the noise.

The place is clean, I like the location, it's a good price. But above all, I expect a good night's sleep-- which they can't deliver. I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
DC
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I found this place because of the great review and prices. I really wish i hadn't. So I come from the airport and what do I notice. This place doesn't have private parking which meant i had to look for 30 minutes before i found a place .5 mile away pulling all of my luggage. Second, the staff shows me to my room which is on the second floor without elevators. Now I learn that I don't have a private bath. Really I booked a hotel not a hostel. So the place looks decent and clean. But the room doesn't have a private heater/AC so good luck with getting a good temperature. Next the room was never serviced over my 4 day stay. Then I learn I have gotten pink eye from this stay. Lets just say worst hotel experience ever

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the staircase as you will hear people walk up and down all hours of the ni...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank h0met0wnvegas

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The hotels delivers great value for money. We had a room on the back side, which meant no traffic noise and a really nice view. The room itself was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathrooms were shared, but it was absolutely no problem - they were clean and we didn't have to queue. There was a little sink in the room but unfortunately with cold water only.
Casa Loma is not located downtown, but the public transport is just right away and you can get everywhere you want easily (and quickly). The neighborhood is nice and we felt safe.
Overall - great budget accommodation. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the street - they quiet and have nice view.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed here last year but a little concerned seeing some of the reviews and the slight price increase. I can only say Casa Loma delivered again.

Stayed here for a week in a standard double bedroom away from the streets. Slightly surprised it came with a fridge and a little table; didn't get this last time.

Despite some reviews of the frontdesk, I however was received well during checked in and got a iron and bottle opener promptly when asked, Although the room was right in front of the shared bathrooms; which are maintained well, I never bumped into anybody or heard any foot traffic. The hotel in general was very quite and didn't seem to have a lot of guest, which was great.The hotel is a no-frills, clean and affordable facility; rooms don't get clean and have to take own trash out but I don't mind making my own bed and saving on tipping housekeeping. I like Casa Loma for the neighborhood, Haight-Ashbury.

Some tips: take 21 bus from Hayes to downtown Market Street area, boutique shops and restaurants on Hayes just 10 minutes walk away, get groceries from Key Food Market on Fillmore and breakfast and happy hour at Cafe du Soleil also on Fillmore, check out Alamo park on Hayes for the classic view of the city.

Cons: rooms do not have enough outlets or are inaccessible, the pillows are too thin and it can get chilly at night; might be because its an old building or the temperature is not regulated properly.

Casa Loma is great if you're on a budget and want to be away from enjoy a quaint residential part of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the streets, views are nicer and its quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank myintd
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Casa Loma is away from the hustle and bustle of downtown SF but is still on a pretty busy road, Fell St and if you get a room facing fell st it can be noisy with the traffic. The location is away from most of the attractions, this can be both good and bad. But for the same price what I get in downtown SF is really bad. Casa Loma is in a residential neighbourhood away from the not so nice part of town. Getting there with public transportation is not entirely convenient. Of course taxis make it really easy. If this hotel had ensuite bathrooms I would give it a five star rating for the price

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We spent a few nights here as our first visit to San Fran and can't imagine having stayed anywhere else. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, great view from our window of San Fran, and mike was extremely helpful whenever we needed help with anything. But the best part is the location! Right on two bus lines, close to the supermarket, short walk to beautiful shops and cafes on Fillmore st. Perfect!

• Stayed November 2011