“Golden West Tours with Stephan = AMAZING”
Review of Golden West Tours

Golden West Tours
Ranked #19 of 120 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Private half and full day tours of the City by the Bay and surrounding areas conducted in 15 passenger vans. Personalized, exciting, fun and informative. Multiple photo stops and complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off. Also offering private excursions to Scenic North Coast/Point Reyes, Muir Woods and Sausalito, Napa/Sonoma Wine Country as well as Monterey/Carmel and Big Sur.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My parents and I were in San Fran celebrating my Dad's 70th birthday and figured we should go on a tour. I researched so many other tours but came across this tour since it had such raving reviews on tripadvisor.com. The tour itself far exceeded any of our expectations. Not only was Stephan one of the best tour guides I have ever encountered, but the tour itself was quite literally, amazing! I only expected to stop at two or three points during the tour but we stopped at most of them! Stephan was very informative and had given us so much history on San Francisco as well as the different places we visited. If someone on the tour asked him a question, he was more than happy to answer it and even gave more information than required. My parents and I had such an enjoyable tour with Stephan. He was so personable, kind, knowledgeable and a very genuine person. He even suggested to the entire bus (which was full - I believe it because this tour was amazing) that everyone sing Happy Birthday to my Dad. Dad hadn't expected this but he, including my mom and I were very much touched by this.

I think the one thing people need to remember about booking tours, is that no matter how wonderful, showy, or intriguing a website looks, it can be deceiving. As mentioned earlier, I researched and looked into many different tours since the websites looked so amazing and wonderful. However, their ratings on tripadvisor were terrible. It's not to say that Golden West Tour didn't have a good website, it just isn't one that would attract my eye as quickly as the other ones. My advice to travellers to San Fran who would like a tour is to do your research and no matter how amazing a site can be, it may actually be deceiving!

Overall, this tour was spectacular and it was one of the highlights of our trip. I would highly recommend this tour to others. I've already suggested it to my friends and other family members.

Thank you, Stephan for a wonderful tour. This really was one of the highlights of our short trip to San Francisco!

4  Thank tvasq

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was my first and probably only visit to SF, so wanted a tour that took me to see ALL the sights. Well, Golden West Tours with Stephan did just that! We were in a 14 passenger van that allowed us to go to places that the large impersonal buses could not. Stephan was friendly, accommodating, extremely knowledgeable and a good driver. The tour and everything Stephan took us to see, was well worth the price of the ticket. I wasn't able to tour Muir Woods with him, was on a large bus that was sorely lacking. Would not use or recommend them.

I would recommend Golden West Tours to my friends.

1  Thank Lianne P
Reviewed 10 August 2014

You will learn more about San Francisco in a few hours with Stephan than you can learn on your own in a week. He knows the city. Good luck stumping him with a question. If you have more than one day in town I suggest taking the tour on your first day. Once you have a feel for the city you can return to the areas that interest you most. Stephan's van can go places the larger tour buses can't go let alone park. I highly recommend taking a tour with Stephan.

1  Thank vance d
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Irene and I had a wonderful time viewing many sights of SF with Stephen and our small mini van group. Stephan had an unbelievable wealth of knowledge of the area. The trip comprised of driving with narration from geographical, political, social, economical and lots of trivia of the locations. We stopped several times and took side trips by foot experiencing the smells and cadence of the streets of SF. Highly recommend -Paul

1  Thank paul t