“A Very Nice Sail”

US$60.00*
and up
2-Hour Sunset Sail on the San Francisco Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the best attraction in SF that you must experience. We offer daily 90 minute tours of the SF Bay or multi-hour private charters. Celebrate a special occasion or go sailing for fun. We sail all around the bay: Alcatraz Island, The Golden Gate Bride, Angel Island, Bay Bridge, Ball Park, Sausalito, Tiburon, City Front & More.
Grand Rapids, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Very Nice Sail”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a perfect day for our sail. Capt Dave and 1st Mate Ricky went out of their way to insure our complete satisfaction on our April 8 trip, along with sailing expertise, both provided interesting information on the boat as well as San Francisco and the Bay. Sea lions even swam within a few feet of the boat.
It was quite cool and windy, but these elements are a part of sailing. This is not a pontoon cruise on a lake, it's San Francisco Bay !
I highly recommend San Francisco Sailing Co to anyone wishing to sail the Bay.

Visited April 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Smile and Communicate”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We decided to go sailing here based on our previous experience but it fell short of awesome. We didn't have captain Eric like we did last time but an actual crew of three dudes. The two mates were very friendly and agreeable but the captain didn't seem to understand customer service. Let me explain, there wasn't much wind, so the Captain didn't raise the sail. So we motored around the bay for 1.5 hours. While I understand why he didn't raise the sail I think some of the other folks may have wanted an explanation before people started asking why the sails haven't been hoisted up. The captain didn't seem like much of a talker or friendly for that matter. His pre-departure safety brief wasn't very professional. I'm not sure that this is being operated in the same manner it was last time I sailed with this company. Either way I'm pretty certain I'll try another operator in the area even if it costs a bit more.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank crzepilot
Grass Valley, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wow. great sunset sail with Capt. Michael and first mate Kalab”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

They made sure everyone had a wonderful time. A great sail on the Bay. It was a perfect day that we joined them during the American Cup. Capt Michael and first mate and bartender made a great time for all. They raised the sails and off we went on a beautiful sunset sail.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“It was ok!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Went sailing with this company on a Saturday afternoon with my husband. Thought it would be a nice way to tour the San Francisco harbour; especially as it was our first day in the city. It was nice to sail but there was no tour portion of the sail( no commentary). also just be aware it can be quite cold on the water even in the middle of summer. The captain was very good and experienced. Some of the other staff especially the ones organizing people for the sail were very rude to many customers and went on a rant about how stupid tourists were. They should be reminded that these tourists are their customers and should be treated with respect.
If you just love sailing; then I would recommend it but if you are looking for anything else; skip it.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, GA
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 280 helpful votes
“Great Trip on the Bay”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My family and I rented Lady J, with Captain Dave for a couple of hours one afternoon. It was beautiful out and the cruise was wonderful. The captain let us have free reign of the boat and was very knowledgeable about the area. We were able to see three of the America's Cup boats out practicing and he even extended out trip slightly since a boat was about to come right beside us for a great picture opportunity.

Visited August 2013