“A great bar to stop for a beer and watch the game”

Union Square Sports Bar
Ranked #2,627 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Description: With two pool tables, 18 TVs, great selection of beer and friendly bartenders it's always a good time at Union Square Sports Bar. We will always do our best to find your game and make you a drink you'll love. We serve great hot dogs as well!
Jacksonville, Florida
“A great bar to stop for a beer and watch the game”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stopped inside the Union Square Sports Bar a few times to sit and have a beer. The bar has a ton of tv's to watch whichever sport you prefer. The beer was reasonably priced for being in downtown, and the service was excellent. The bar gets really busy later in the night, but in the daytime it wasn't bad at all. They do not serve food, but allow patrons to bring in outside food. The bar was exactly what I needed after walking the city all day, and wanting to chill out and watch some baseball/football.

Visited October 2013

Cool, CA
“Great for a boys' "lunch meeting"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

While the wives are shopping, the men in our group stop in here for lunch and a few beers. The food is pretty standard bar fare but is well-prepared and delicious. The drinks are generous and the beers are ice cold. The wait staff is friendly and professional. Multiple screens make current sporting events accessible to all.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
“It depends what you're looking for.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

So there's not a ton of bars in the downtown, Union Square area of SF. There's plenty further into the Tenderloin, the Marina area, North Beach, etc. but I wasn't in the mood to walk too far from my hotel to any. Decided to stop in here to watch the Blackhawks game, and get some food and a beer. There's quite a few TVs and 2 pool tables. I ordered a beer and the bartender snapped $5.50 at me. I asked if I could order food and start a tab. She barked "we only have hotdogs" and walked away. I ended up just putting my money on the bar, finishing my beer after like 15 minutes (which she never came by again to ask if I wanted another beer or a hotdog for that matter, ha) and left. So basically if you just want a drink or two and to watch the game I guess it's not horrible. Anything else I would go somewhere better. I ended up at Jasper's a block away which was way better and with good food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jragarci
Cypress, California
“Fun Times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Enjoyed playing pool. Some of the other customers might be a little rough around the edges, but no one bothered us. The bartender and server were really nice. Couldn't get in during the SF football game, but that's everywhere.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jean K
London, United Kingdom
“Shocking service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Went for a beer after dinner on a couple of evenings. The barman was so rude it is simply laughable that he manages to hold down a job of any kind. Let alone one in the service industry. Beers were standard, locals were rude. What a hole!

• Visited December 2012