“Sorry”

Ranked #48 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Sorry”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Bed bugs had a field day with me and my husband, they are remodelling the building but it needs to be closed down and fumigated and get rid of the mouldy smell the Internet went down a lot plus new mattresses and bedding is needed the tv service was only two channels but there was only one nice thing the location was wonderful

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A few things we noticed, but certainly not all:

Graffiti in the closet denounces love
Dried urine in the drawer
Pubic hair on the pillow
Holes all over the walls
Very uneven floor
Open wiring presumably for a lamp or smoke alarm
Deep burn marks all over the top of the broken tv
Drug baggie (mostly empty) in the sink drawer

We hope we don't get any skin diseases from this place, and hope you take heed our words: spend more on a better hotel, for your own health is worth it. Don't make the mistake that we did!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank hydrogen_hypothesis

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Hotel is close to the centre and within walking distance to Fishermans Wharf. However, the hotel is dirty and smelly, I have been travelling for 6 months and I have stayed in some pretty dirty places but this is by far the worst. The sheets are dirty and covered in stains, the floor is filthy and the room smells of stale smoke. There are some odd people hanging around the place and at times I did not feel safe. I would not stay here again and would never recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Amysarah8183
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Do not stay here!! I wanted somewhere cheap- online it didn't look too bad however I felt unsafe the minute I checked in-its a horrific, terrible and disgusting place. My room smelt like faeces and urine, there were cigarette buts everywhere, stains on the sheets, it was filthy. I could hear men coughing, snorting and other horrible noises through the walls. I was so scared to leave my room with the men that were hanging around. I didnt sleep at all and booked another hotel at 3 in the morning and left after having my door knocked on by men during the night-I would not want my worst enemy to stay here. I can't remember the last time I felt so scared and unsafe.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank AlwaystiredEmma
Mulhouse
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Because we are travelling on budget we already stayed in many many cheap and dirty places. But this is one of the most awful places we ever stayed.
We booked Europa for 3 nights because it was the cheapest place we could find for 60$ per night, thought SF is a nice but VERY expensive place.
We were luky and had a room on 2nd floor. We didnt see any bed bugs, mices, roaches etc. And the shared bathroom was ok and cleaned at least daily. (exept some [--] on the wall).
They room was just DIRTY and run down.
Wifi worked only a few hours per day.
There are a lot of long term resistens, some of them are very strange and drug addicted.
The hotel is located in the red light district (strip clubs). But not that bad if you have already seen "real" red light districts.
China town is just a stone throw away.
Staff was not very nice but not rude at all.
Better spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else. The risk of bed bugs is just too high.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GoedDruff
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

From the moment you try to peer thru the filthy glass front door, you know your trip is off to a bad start......unfortunately it just gets worse! Sticky stair carpets and handrails lead you up to the reception window which makes you feel as tho you'll get sheets thrown at you when you sign in! The whole place smells vile and is disgustingly dirty. The room (for a better word) was horrendous.... filthy, stinking of rotting something with a window which had the joy of a strip of material for a curtain that didn't even meet both sides! The bed covers were awful, full of cigarette burns and holes of some other making and not inviting to say the least. Room was over the local nightclub and at 3pm was blasting away so god only knows how people were meant to sleep with it. Nightclub wasn't the only worry, shared toilet and shower room on the corridor were so dirty and smelly that i knew we couldnt nor wouldnt be staying here for even one night! We locked our cases in the room and went searching for another local hotel. (we did this after enjoying a drink in a local Irish bar). The manager of this second Hotel was really shocked when we told him we had actually ventured into the Europa, and started scratching his arms at the thought...asking us if we had brought any 'visitors' with us!!!!!!! We said that the bugs were safely back at Europa and that we hadn't even opened our cases! This place should be removed from all hotel booking sites as soon as possible.......it is nothing like their advertisment in any way, shape or form.It's disgusting, dirty, stinks, is vermin and roach ridden, it homes prostitutes and smack-heads, and should really be visited by some form of authority and closed down to the paying tourist market. I wish i had taken some photos.

Please Please Please ...... do not book this hovel (yes i meant to write hovel) unless you are a prostitute or a smack-head........in which case you're welcome to it!!!

Shame we can't give a minus score as it'd be off the scale! Only good thing is the location of it.

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel at all costs.......... A park bench would be healthier and safer!!!!!!!!!!!
Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank crinx
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

omg..... no words could explain our experience at this ???? hotel, no way..... taxi dropped us outside front door, glass door which was absolutely filthy, not a good start I thought, but hey ho, we only needed a bed to sleep, after treking up the filthy stairs, which our feet were sticking to and trying to hold on to the sticky banister we arrived at the reception ..... well a room with an opening..... we were shown to our room on the first floor..... was this san francisco or a third world country geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez it was awful, I had to use the shared toilet on that floor and that made my mind up, no way could we stay here..... on returning to the room i pulled back the top bed cover which wasn't the cleanest of covers, to find it covered in cigarette burns, we didnt look any further..... it was 3pm in afternoon and the noise from the club next door was deafening, could you imagine that going on all night?????? how on earth they allowed to trade is beyond belief...... we left our cases and found another hotel nearby, then came back to check out.... no way could we have slept in that dark, dingy, filthy place. Surely this place should be reported to the authorities and all trading ceased until cleaned up..... I'm sure it would keep pest control workers employed for weeks...............There is no way i could even consider giving this hotel a rating.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends