“Food great, service not so much...”
Review of Burger Bar

Burger Bar
Ranked #183 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Description: Burger Bar is the ultimate build your own burger experience. Located on the 6th Floor of Macy's in Union Square, gives an exquisite view of the square. Burger Bar has a private dining room for any events.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were told there would be a 15 minute wait for a table even though most were empty. We sat at the bar for 30 minutes before asking a random waiter who sorted us out (thanks!).

Food was great and the alcoholic milkshakes were tasty. Will go back again for sure but experience was let down by the hostess forgetting/ignoring us.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My veggie burger was literally just a burger and a bun with a few token vegetables on the side. Complete lack of attention to detail. They brought the wrong fries first time and they were cold. When they brought the correct fries (immediately after I pointed it out in fairness) they were also cold which suggests to me they cook them in batches and leave them on the side... The only redeeming feature was the service which was friendly and attentive. However, that's not the reason I go to a burger bar...

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Lunch break during a shopping adventure in the city center: food and service were ok. I obviously tried one of their burgers with fries on the side. I appreciated they asked me how I wanted my burger cooked and delivered it that way, as I prefer it really rare. So, burger was really good. Fries, on the other hand, really tasted like McDonald's, so I basically left them on the plate. Ok for money, as I paid about 24$ for a burger, fries and large bottle of water, that's including tax and gratuity (and I was in the heart of SF, afterall).

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We ate at the Burger Bar on our first night in SF. The burgers were very tasty as were the sweet potato fries. We really enjoyed looking out the window and watching the variety of activities down in Union Square. The service was great, the menu had a wide variety of food, and the experience was very nice.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Burger Bar located on the 6th floor or Macy`s is a great place for a lunch stop during a long shopping day, with great burgers and variety of drinks