“Quite delicious...and friendly staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marlowe

Marlowe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marlowe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #213 of 5,627 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: The CalTrain station and its taxi line-up are directly across the street, as well as bus lines 45, 47 and 10.
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Quite delicious...and friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This place is small, unpretentious and delicious! They don't have a full bar, but perfect to order a glass of rose and sit in casual dining room. Keep in mind, they are moving to a new, larger location. The chicken and pork dishes are MUSTS. The brussels sprouts are good, but a bit over marinated perhaps? Local, fresh food you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014

San Francisco, California
“Awesome burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Such great burgers in an upscale place.
The ambiance is good too and there are many options besides burger.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Just Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I really enjoyed my dinner at Marlowe. There is a great busy atmosphere and although we didn't book it only 20 minutes to get a seat. We sat at the bar which is always my preference. The steak tartar was delicious, not the best i have ever had but had all the right elements, the Ahi Tuna was great. We actually went as the burgers were recommended and they did not disappoint. the service was friendly, efficient and genuine. If I fancy a burger again Marlowe will be top on my list and I will certainly be having the tuna again too.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank knowhatilike
San Francisco, California
“Short menu, long wine list, everything delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The location is directly in front of the CalTrain station, small little place but I'm really pleasantly surprised to have found this place. The service was immediate and friendly, we ordered a lot of things to share and I have to go back to try everything else. They have one of the best Brussels sprouts chips I've ever had, the burrata and the wine-steamed manila clams were great, the bone marrow with caper sauce and parsley almost made me cry it was so good. Two of us got seated easily at 6 but there are long tables that can be shared. I would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Large Work Dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had a party of roughly 20 at Marlowe on Tuesday, January 14th. There was a large conference in town and with such a large party, getting a reservation proved difficult.

The restaurant is near the baseball stadium in a cool area. Just so you know, it is only wine and beer. If you want a cocktail, need to have it before.

First, we had an excellent waitresses Nikki. She was helpful, attentive and always smiled (which is not as common as you would think).

We ordered a few bottles of wine for the table. We then ordered several appetizers to be passed around.

Deviled Eggs - Most of us are from the South where every grandmother is an expert at these. Probably the best I have ever had with the jalapeno and bacon. Just awesome

Duck Liver Toast - Great combination of texture and sour/sweet. We ordered extras.

I had the cauliflower soup which was amazing. Literally one of the best soups I have ever had.

For dinner, we order sides for the table and entrees.

Strip Steak - It could be cut with a fork and the sauce and potato puree fit nicely.

Roast Chicken - I didn't have this but several at the table remarked that it was the best roast chicken they had ever had.

Pork Chop - Amazingly tender. Again, being from the South we are pork chop connoisseurs.

Nikki was nice enough to say that we might have ordered too much food and she dialed back the sides for us. Not often a waitress would do that. Additionally, we had a big group and Marlowe didn't give us a limited menu or charge a gratuity. We still tipped north of 20% because it was so great.

I can't recommend this enough. The only other meals I have had in SF that were on par were Gary Danko and Nopa. That is strong company.

• Visited January 2014