“The Worst Stay In My Life” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Post Hotel

Post Hotel
Ranked #167 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Los Gatos, California
“The Worst Stay In My Life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My friends and I stayed here for New Years and booked a $200 room with 2 double beds. When we first got there the guy at the front desk didn’t want to let 2 of our 2 friends come up with us to get ready even though they were not staying over night. When we got to the room we found out it has no bathroom, there is a COMUNAL BATHROOM with NATZI SIGNS all over the place. The room was INCREDIBLY DIRTY, there were 2 twin beds with plastic wrap on the mattresses. The room looked nothing like the room I found online, and they gave us twin beds instead of doubles! When I asked to see the room I actually booked they told me this was it and to pay now or get kicked out which they "didn't want to do" we decided to stick it out because we were already there and it was late. The pillows had no pillow cases, the free "cot" they told us they would bring up for free is really a 3 inch pad covered in BROWN AND URINE STAINS that they place on the floor. When we asked for 3 pillow cases, towels, and a blanket for the third person who now had to sleep on the disgusting matt brought up, they kept asking why we needed these things and acted especially annoyed that we wanted pillowcases. Finally 30 minutes later it was brought up and there were gum wrappers still in the blankets from the last person…. obviously not washed. They gave us a bill for $250 when our booking receipt was $200 for a decent room with 2 double beds. We had to argue for an hour before they gave us the room for 180… Plus we had to pay 50 bucks for parking because they were full and have no discount system set up with the garage next door for guests. This room was a complete waste of money and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Its one thing staying in a terrible room, I can deal with it, but paying $230 to stay in one makes it so much worse. I still feel robbed. Worse than any hostel I’ve ever stayed in and 12 times more.

Room Tip: Walls and windows are paper thin, stay on a higher floor away from the street if possible
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank TheVulcann
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We earnestly apologize for the inconvenience incurred during your stay. As we aim to provide quality service and better stay for our customers, all your concerns regarding the customer service of our staff, bathroom with natzi signs, room cleanliness will not be ignored. We appreciate and accept your comments as our motivation to improve our services even more.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. We often stay at fancy places and this was a great change :)

The room was clean, well heated, the wifi worked. We did hear very little noise from the street, no noise from other rooms. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

It is a bit annoying to have to go out of your room for the toilet and shower. But we knew this in advance.

If you want to spend little and have a great stay 2 min from union square, go to the post hotel !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful feedback you gave for our hotel. We highly appreciate the time and effort you exert to express your satisfaction to our hospitality, cleanliness of our rooms, and the convenience of our location. It is our pleasure to meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured that we will continue to provide quality customer service and great experience to all our valued customers. We are excited to give our best to serve you again on your next stay.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotel really was a nice surprise. I decided last minute to stay the night in the city. The room was relatively inexpensive, compared to SF standards. The lobby was small and a bit dated, and the elevator is old school, but the room was newly updated and remodeled, and actually quite nice. It was a very small room but very comfortable for one person. It was very clean and had a private full bathroom, which was also completely updated, a flat screen TV with dish network, brand new king size bed and a separate closet. There was a room on my floor that had coin operated washers/dryers, along with vending and ice machines and a nice sitting area. Not a lot of extra's, but certainly a pleasant place to stay One thing to keep in mind...part of the hotel is a hostel, and it can be kind of noisy at times. However, it wasn't anything that bothered me, just an observation. The location is fabulous...only blocks from the theater's, shopping, restaurants, bars, and Union Square. Market street is minutes away (walking) where you can catch Bart or Muni to anywhere in the city and most of the Bay area. The staff was very friendly, and the front desk is 24 hours. The neighborhood is pretty good and safe, especially on weekends, when there are lots of people out and about. There are quite a few 24 hour places in this area as well. I would stay here again, and I would certainly recommend this to my friends for a cheap, clean, convenient place to stay in SF!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate your recommendation. Rest assured that as we aim to provide the best for our customers, we will continue to improve our services more. Thank you for commending our rate, room, bathroom, furniture, appliances, location, and customer service. It is our pleasure to exceed your expectations. We look forward to serve you exceptionally on your next visit.
Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

It is located directly downtown and in walking distance to almost everything. I don't know if we've just been lucky, but we had a really nice and clean room in the fifth floor. It was quiet, as I said clean and recently renovated I bet.
No bed bugs or anything!
The rooms are small, but here I think it is a cOmpromise you have to make, if you want a cheap hotel dOwntown, though.

What is really shabby is the lobby, the elevator and the floors... But it does not worry me, as long as the rooms are nice and clean.

I would definatly come back.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mr-Aussie
Thank you so much for a fair review about our hotel. We will always strive to give our best to provide the quality service that you deserve. It is our goal to satisfy and please our customers, so we are glad that you appreciate our location, ambiance, and clean room. We are happy that you chose our hotel and we are looking forward to serve you even better on your next stay.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

post hotel has a good location. i have lived in different room( i lived here two semesters) my room had a lot cockroaches when i lived. why i didn't move out because too busy to move. i was busy on school and no time to find another hotel. i still study in San Francisco and hope finish sooner and leave this bad area...don't book hotel of downtown because the price double up..Actually the most of hotels have bedbugs in San Francisco. most price of hotels are too expensive (with bad services)to live in SanFrancisco now.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jerryholly h
It is our pleasure to give satisfaction to all of our customers and your good review about our hotel is an encouragement for us to continue our goal to provide quality service to you. Thank you for acknowledging our location and we apologize for the inconvenience incurred during your stay. Rest assured that your concerns regarding cockroach and bedbugs will be given a careful attention.

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

It's amazing to me that I can tell the front desk attendant that I found oh, some 6-8 dead bugs in the dresser, and he makes almost no attempt to do anything about it. If-and I stress IF- his manager had decided to come by at 11 at NIGHT, I might've been able to get it cleaned out. But no such luck. No true apology. No offer to give us a new room or a discount. Seemed like this kind of thing happened a lot. I realize this is a budget hotel, but basic amounts of cleanliness are still required by code.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Drwagner16
Our sincerest apologies for inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. As a part of our yearning to meet all our customers’ expectations, be at peace that your concerns regarding the customer service of our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel will surely be given a careful attention. We appreciate your review about our hotel. We are looking forward to serve you better on your next visit.
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Excellent location, staff very friendly and helpful, good value for price, my room was renovated, and the floor was not carpet, it was wooden floor ( I hate carpeted floors, they are not hygienic at all )

Room noisy, but it's normal, Post Street it's noisy, heart of the city centre, a few blocks of Union Square

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank felizkoala
Thank you so much for your review about out hotel. We are happy to know that you appreciate our location, customer service, room, and the affordability of our rate. Rest assured that as we aim to provide the best for our customers, we will continue to improve our services more. We look forward to serve you exceptionally on your next visit.