“Sushi place”

Neighbourhood: Union Square
Gainesville, Georgia
“Sushi place”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went because it was close to our hotel. The place was busy and the service was very good.
My husband wanted to have Sushi while we were in town. He loved it. I had a noodle dish that was very good.

• Visited September 2013

Portland, OR
“Good neighborhood sushi joint.”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Good neighborhood sushi joint. Service was okay, Barry White was playing, the food came quickly and was all good.

• Visited July 2013
Florida
“Get the Red Dragon Roll”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We just happened upon this restaurant the first night of our vacation in San Francisco. We were pleasantly surprised. The ambience is a bit, well, different. But, we were there for the food and a nice quiet place to enjoy our first day in SF. The service was very good. They were attentive but did not hover. They gave us advice when we asked. We had a few of the sushi rolls and besides the Red Dragon Roll, they were just "good". The Red Dragon Roll was by far the best! In fact, I would go back there just to get that. The prices were very good at this restaurant. It's fairly close to the entrance to Chinatown.

• Visited July 2013
Georgia
“Unexpectedly good. Try it if nearby.”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I always consult TripAdvisor before I walk into a restaurant, but took a chance with Sushi Toni. Had sushi combo C and a bottle of their advertised special sake. The plate was a bit unimaginative (5 out of 9 pieces were tuna, really?) and not sure worth the $15.50, but it was a good meal. Wouldn't walk out of my way to find this place, but it was convenient to my hotel and glad I stopped in.

• Visited April 2013
Montrose, Colorado
“Last minute selection. Very pleased.”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This restaurant is near the hotel where my wife and I stayed while in San Francisco. We walked past Sushi Toni at least once a day, but it didn’t show up in any of the restaurant reviews my wife found. I talked her into eating at a ‘neighborhood’ place and I’m glad I did.

The décor is very chrome and straight line, but the restaurant is well arranged and can seat probably 16-20. The wait staff was very friendly and willing to put up with questions.

My wife ordered the spinach oshitachi. Who knew that spinach with some sesame seeds would be so good. She called it comfort food and from the little bite I was able to get away from her I would have to agree. She also had the Shumai (crab meat dumpling). It was not very different from a steamed gyoza, and I think it uses the same sauce. I was very unadventurous and simple ordered a combo plate (4 nigiri and 5 sashimi). Everything was very fresh and served nicely.

In the end dinner and two soft drinks cost us a little over $30, and I thought it wasn’t a bad value for a good meal and pleasant experience.

• Visited January 2013