“Dangerous-”

Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My daughter, a student in SF, was having a late breakfast of fruit and coffee with a friend at Bar Norcini last week. She sat just inside the restaurant next to the sidewalk. The large windows next to her facing the sidewalk were open since it was a beautiful day. 5 young men came up to the window from outside and began harassing her, trying to grab her I-Phone. She expressed disbelief to her friend sitting with her, "why aren't any of the staff intervening?" (she was later told by the manager "the staff will not intervene because their safety would be at risk" uh, does that include calling the police? Really? Finally the bar tender somewhat timidly asked the young men to leave her alone. They did not respond but kept up the harassment until one of the young men fell through the window across the table as if he had been hurt. My daughter jumped up to make sure he was in fact not hurt, and after he got off the table they ran off down Powell Street--yep, with her I-Phone in tow. After the police arrived the manager later expressed, "Even though we can see them harassing you on the surveillance tape, we cannot actually see them taking your I-Phone; we are not 'judge and jury' therefore it is not our responsibility." My daughter called me in tears, seriously upset and in shock over this terrible ordeal; I personally called the manager not believing they could be so callous. Customer beware: Bar Norcini owned and operated by Villa Florence Hotel does not provide even a reasonable expectation of safety while eating in their establishments. Thankfully there are other far better places in the City that don't agree and ensure a reasonable level of safety (and responsibility) for their patrons.

There are newer reviews for Bar Norcini

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Sits on the street with lots of sights. Very friendly staff and great drinks and appetizers. We look forward to our next visit

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Real espresso coffee, not like Starbucks, and personal service from the guys behind the bar, with a good range of pastries. Decent range of drinks and bar food as well.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The homemade pastries are delicious, but my Indian palate did not like the orange juice served. The service is quick and helpful and the seating overlooks the street and the cable car line so it is a fun way to start the day.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Good light breakfast, good value. Not a big heavy North Amercian breakfast.

My wife is particular about her Tea for breakfast, and she had no complaints.