“Good experience and service ”

Alexander's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #346 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Transit: Caltrain, MUNI
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I love the service and the atmosphere here. I had a pretty good bone in new York steak and sides to go with that. I wouldn't say that the steak is the best I've had at this price point, but the service is making up for it.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Alexander's Steakhouse in San Francisco is a pricey upscale place. But the value in terms of quality, service and taste is most definitely there
We went about a year ago and it seemed good but not great for the $$$. This time they hit it out of the park! We were three and sampled several appetizers (including two seafood ones...) We had three side dishes and three different steaks as well as the palette cleansers and sweet treats that were brought to us gratis.

We had wine and cocktails as well at the bar as well before dinner. EVERYTHING was handled perfectly!!! I feel that if a restaurant needs any tips to do things right head to Alexander's, we are really looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

And I am, so it was a real treat. The restaurant is located is a typical industrial/commercial section of San Francisco, but we walked from our downtown hotel. The ambience is very welcoming and pleasant, with lotsof space and height. We were a party of five so we got semi-private corner table upstairs - lovely. The service is impeccable from the start. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing, with excellent explanations about the menu, cuts of meat, etc. The wine list is extensive, and we enjoyed some really fine California reds. We shared our eclectic appetizers, apportioned according to each diner's taste and desire. Everyone had meat, done exactly the way it was promised. The sides were also special as we were accommodated with a tasting variety instead of just one or two. We passed on a sweet dessert in favor of an exquisite sampling of cheeses. Just a great meal. This will be one of my pilgrimages the next time I visit San Francisco.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Went here with friends to celebrate my buddy's promotion. Had a great meal with excellent service! The food was cooked perfectly and the waiter was very attentive.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Caught up with some friends for Dinner at Alexander's.

Was absolutely amazed by the quality, presentation and flavour of the food. Would definitely recommend this to others.

A word of warning - not a location for intimate dinners as the restaurant can get a little noisy during busy periods.

Will definitely be back.