“Heart of the City Tour, Indeed”

Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$74.00*
and up
The New Classic San Francisco Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SoSF is your #1 source for all things biking San Francisco. We know the city's best bike routes, especially the ones that go around the hills. We show you San Francisco's wild history and modern trends, including food, art, music, kooky local politics, and, of course, all things bicycles. Our guided bike tours focus on the city's neighborhoods and include: Unique history, diverse neighborhoods, Victorian architecture, public art, awesome bikes, & tasty local cuisine. Fun, friendly, local guides lead you through safe, bike-friendly routes that go around those infamous hills.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a great time on the HOTC tour with Josh in March. He had great knowledge of the city, knew all the great murals, local eat spots, and was incredibly nice. SoSF knew their way around the crazy hills, and made sure the bikers were in the know on traffic rules, which is always helpful. I would definitely recommend this tour and can't wait to try their 7x7 tour!

1  Thank awill03n
Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)
All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 28 reviews
"great insight"
in 14 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 26 reviews
"different areas"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is by far the best bike trip I've ever done, and I can't say enough good things about this company. Firstly, they are based in the really cool Hayes Valley (and if you like good coffee, there is a great place for coffee down the road). Secondly, the guides know how to run a first-rate bike tour. They spent the first 5 minutes explaining safety and the itinerary. Thirdly, this is one not of those tours where you will find yourself with 20 other tourists. The size of the group is really small. Because they know how to do such a great tour, they can book out a bit in advance. Finally, Bebe (the tour guide we had) is awesome!

2  Thank latravelller
sosfbiketours, Owner at Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Latravelller,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. So glad that you enjoyed our location and tour! We love Hayes Valley as our start and end location and really feel like it mirrors our mission of getting into the authentic city life. Thank you again for all the positive words, we really appreciate it.
Hope you had a great rest of your stay in SF!
Cheers,
Daniel

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went on the Classic Bike Tour which was very interesting and enjoyable. We had a small group, an entertaining and informative tour leader (Josh), great bikes and an excellent exploration of the neighborhoods of SF. The riding was not too hard and we stopped for lunch. Although I've been to SF several times, I learnt a lot more about the city. The also have bikes for rent. Josh sent us an email after the ride with recommendations for restaurants and things to do. I would definitely recommend this.

1  Thank FredS3124
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had such a great time on the bike tour. My wife and I took the "The Classic" and found it too be not that difficult of a ride. I would make it your first stop when visiting the city. .We ended up learning so much about the city including cool spots. Our guide was a really nice guy too.

1  Thank Tyler C
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Well we had a ball, thanks Adam for sharing all your knowledge you clearly are very passionate which is such a wonderful thing to see. The tour it's self we felt showed us so many parts of San Francisco that we wouldn't have visited on our own. Today the Bay to Breakers race was on so there was a little bit of improvising but thats ok we still got everything we could have wanted from the tour and we got to see some crazy costumes because of the race. I was a bit hesitant with riding around as my knees are not the best however the Classic tour was very manageable and I am so glad I did it. If you are in San Francisco you must do this!!!!

2  Thank Michele B