“Yummy yummy yummy!!!!”

Ranked #81 of 6,352 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Potrero Hill
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Day 1 San Francisco my hubby insisted we get up early and go to Plow for breakfast. He had been there before and as it was my first time in the city, it was a must do. Apparently there will be a queue but worth the wait......and it definitely was. I can't remember exactly what I ordered but it had a bit of everything...lemon ricotta pancakes, potatoes, bacon, poached eggs and maple syrup, a feast basically. Coffee was good and topped up regularly and the staff were really pleasant,efficient and kept things moving. It is small inside but has seating outside too. I liked that you could see the kitchen and the chefs because you could see what food was on offer before you order if you wanted. We didn't have much of a wait plus the coffee and benches outside made the wait a lot better. We arrived at probably 8.30/9.00am and it was already busy with a few couples and their pups already waiting . I was well fed for a good portion of the day.

Its one to visit in this city☺

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We came for breakfast after being told by some locals that this was the place to go for breaskfast. There were 4 of us and we did have to wait about 20 minutes as it is a small place, although this was a weekday. Service was really good. The food was good but not what I was imagining after it had been hyped up so much.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

After a 20 minute wait for a table we were seated and ordered the goats cheese scrambled eggs (amazing!), custard french toast (delicious!) and prosciutto and gruyere toast. The toast was delicious but the potatoes were quite salty. The drip coffee was great because the waitress kept filling up our cups and the peach lemonade was very refreshing. The menu wasn't huge but a good size with plenty of appealing options.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I have mixed feeling about Plow. We wanted to go here for such a long time, but the long waiting times would always scare us away. Eventually - one weekend - we got up early to get a table at plow. It was 4 of us and we ended up waiting for 2 hours still (thank you Farley's for the coffee). Eventually we got a table outside. It was super cute, with the blankets to keep us warm. The service was good. Everything was great, but the food fell short of our expectations. We ate the french toast and pancakes. It was A-OK. Coffee was very good, though. Maybe I'll try this place again - give it another chance. I really wanted to love this place!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This was my first stop off the plane when we landed in San Francisco. We are there for breakfast and arrived around 7:45am. We beat the start of the line that tends to wrap around the corner. The restaurant is very small and has very limited seating. I would imagine it’d be nearly impossible to seat a party larger than 4 people.
We ate at the bar and enjoyed watching the cooks in action. As mentioned in other reviews the lemon ricotta pancakes are to die for. The homemade biscuits and sausage and oh my I could go on. If it is your first time just go with “The Plow” off the menu. Have a little of everything and I don’t even have to say enjoy because I know you will.
They do have gluten friendly options. I found my host, waiter, and the cooks to all be very friendly and willing to chat with me.

Date of visit: February 2018