“Excellent, expensive and delicious. Very Special.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bourbon Steak - CLOSED

Bourbon Steak
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell St. & Geary St.
Transit: MUNI & BART: Powell Station
Berkeley, California
“Excellent, expensive and delicious. Very Special.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Having just walked a 26.2 miles for the Avon walk that day, we were not going to walk any further than the Westin St. Francis lobby for dinner. Bourbon Steak was perfect. We had the corner table, offering a great view of the whole dining room, and both our server and our sommelier took good care of us. The food was so delicious, and while expensive, I could tailor it to my dietary needs (as in carbo and protein loading for the walk). They offered us champagne, so we ordered the Kumamoto oysters which were delectable with the champagne. We shared a mesclun salad, after the gave a tasty amuse-bouche of beets and arugula, that they brought to us. For dinner, I had another appetizer, the steak tartare which they made at the table and was rich, delicious and perfectly filling. My husband had the hanger steak, which he thought was very flavorful. We shared Mina's famous Mac 'n cheese with truffles; it was perfect for carb loading, and a tasty side for each of our dishes. The Ghost Writer Pinot Noir from a small vintner in Santa Cruz: a very nice surprise. We noted it on the list, as not having heard of it, and our Sommelier highly recommended it. We were delighted with our choice which was well paired with our meal. The whole meal was very rich, and yet our som recommended the beignets. They were very good, but too sweet and heavy as a finish for our meal. We would have been better with the sorbets. But, yes, they were worth trying. Great service, food and wines, in a San Francisco landmark hotel...and nicely, a short hobble from our room.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Leapsandbounds

Santa Rosa, California
“Great Restaurant Not Just for Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food is great! A special treat are the complimentary french fries and dips before dinner - so good. The tuna tartare is exceptional along with everything else I tried. Very comfortable atmosphere. Great for special occasion meals.

• Visited December 2013
“Best steak I've had in a while”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The place is expensive but the food was excellent and the service was great. Bone in ribeye was absolutely tremendous. Terrific spirits menu too.

“Delicious food and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Started off at the bar with a glass of wine! Bartender could have been more friendly but wine was great! Seated for dinner and what a wonderful experience it was.... Started off with their famous fries and dipping sauces! I had tuna tartar as appetizer and it was probably the best I've ever had!! Husband had the baby wedge and looked yummy! For my main course I had lobster and my husband had the large bone in ribeye! We split and had surf and turf and it was more than enough for both of us! Side of spinach was good as well a truffle Mac and cheese! Beignets were quite different and delicious!!!! It was pricey but well worth it!!!!!

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Very goos steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

There was a group of us who eat here, the place did lack a bit of atmosphere, but the steaks were excellent and loads of choice. I loved the French fries as starters with different dips. The portions are quite big, but the food is of really good quality.

• Visited July 2014