“Perfect in every way. A must do!”
Review of Edible Excursions

San Francisco Combo: Ferry Building Food Tour and Alcatraz
Ranked #5 of 321 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Edible Excursions leads award-winning walking San Francisco food and cocktail tours, Oakland food and beer tours, and Berkeley food tours. Book public walking food tours, private tours, or corporate team building food tour experiences from one of the first food tour companies in the US.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Main Line, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Perfect in every way. A must do!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Was looking for something different to do and signed up for the Mission walking food tour and it was everything I hoped it would be. The tour guide, Quinn, was excellent. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and kept tour running smoothly and on time. We tried a really wide variety of foods from very different types of restaurants (cup cakes, tacos, ice cream, pastrami sandwhiches, gnochi, etc) all with excellent food and took a break from food while checking out mural alley with an expert. I also loved that at most establishments we got to meet the owner or chef and got to hear their interesting stories.
Everything about the tour was really perfect. For those who may be worried that this tour runs over lunch, I can assure you that you will get more than enough food to make up for the lack of an official lunch. We were quite full by the end of the tour and some local people even took food home. The "samples" were all generously sized and all the food was delicious. Definitely wear comfortable shoes as you'll be on your feet 90% of the time.
I wish I could take a tour just like this one in every city I visit!

Visited October 2013

Oceanside, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Gourmet Ghetto walking tour”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Wow! What an amazing way to spend a few hours. This tour through Berkeley's gourmet ghetto was fascinating and quite delicious. We learned so much, met some wonderful people, and sampled lots of great food. I highly recommend giving this a try, you won't be disappointed.

Brooklyn, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun food tour”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I took the Mission district food tour. Carrie was our tour guide. The tour lasted around 3 hours. Besides sampling all different types of food from this neighborhood we learned some history as well. I highly recommend taking this food tour on your next visit to San Francisco.

Visited September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Ferry Building Foodie Tour”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just returned recently from another fantastic eight day visit to the left coast. I want everyone to check out Viator.com. They have an abundant variety of things to do all over The City and beyond. I'm already planning next summer's visit and I'll be sure to check Viator for more interesting adventures.
I've been to the Ferry Building on my own on a number of occasions but be sure to visit on a Tuesday or Saturday when the Farmers Market is available. Tuesday's are probably better for the foodie tour because the crowds tend to be thinner during the week then on Saturday. But on Saturdays the market encompasses the front and back of the building. Either way, you can't go wrong. Josh was our tour guide and he really knows his stuff. Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and a true foodie having spent six years in France so he knows good, bread, cheese, pastries and chocolate all of which you'll be able to sample on the tour. A good take that could just replace breakfast if you so desire.

Visited August 2013
Tarpon Springs, Florida
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Mission District”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our guide, Quinn, obviously enjoys his job and the Mission District area. We had been to San Francisco several times and were looking for something new to do with friends. We all love new food experiences, and none of us had really explored the Mission District. We did the 24th street tour. We had fabulous food. My suggestion would be to try to do this at the start of your time in San Francisco if you are not local so that you can go back to some places for dinner/lunch/etc. A tour of the murals with a local artist is included. We would do another edible excursion in a heartbeat!

Visited August 2013