“Happening on Haight”
Review of Haight Street

Haight Street
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Afternoons are the best time of day to stroll down both sides of Haight Street bet. Schrader St. & just after Masonic St. While you'll find lots of coffee shops, cafe's, brewpubs, boutiques and fun, quirky shops to pop in on this area is known for an amazing selection of "vintage clothing" shops. Check out these favorites: Decades of Fashion, Ambiance, Piedmont Boutique & Sunchilds Parlour.

1  Thank artess1
"era"
in 5 reviews
"remnants"

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I loved the Haight area. It's filled with Summer of Love style second hand shops, interesting restaurants and tattoo parlors. The street corners and parks have all sorts of people living off the grid. Many have their pets with them and may be playing a guitar for tips. The prices of the restaurants are reasonable and you can find local hope in the walls with real SF food if your willing to be brave to try them out. The buildings are bright and lots have street art or graffiti which make for a colorful display as you walk along. I have been back to this region many times and will go back again. One of my favorite Mexican spots to eat is here, called Street Taco. This is an area I felt safe to walk as a single female.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I lived just off the panhandle area a while ago. So, I wanted my daughter to experience "the Haight". The odd shops and interesting places to visit are great! While the kids were looking through books at Booksmith we ended up at a little Mexican place next to it.
The people eating three were locals (police and such). the prices were amazingly inexpensive. I got a carafe of sangria for $10. Taqueria Balazo was the name. I need to review it next.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Good place to go with friends no kids please smell Marijuana all the time but its a fun part of San Francisco.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We were slightly disappointed with Haight Street and felt like we had to watch our backs the whole time. There were numerous homeless people lurking around and the guy who helped us in the shoe store was definitely on something.

The one place I can recommend is Veganburg, which was one of the highlights of our trip, however other than that, don't expect much from this street.