“Stayed for the parade” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cable Car City Pub & Cafe
Ranked #3,458 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: 5th & Market
Transit: BART at the Powell Street Station. Muni and taxies.
Description: Cable Car City Pub & Cafe is a full service sports pub. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are located at the Powell Street BART Station and just minutes from the Powell St Cable Car Station. We proudly serve burgers, chicken, ribs, steaks, seafood and pasta dishes. We offer a complete breakfast menu. Try our $5 Irish Car Bombs at the bar and take advantage of our Happy Hour: Mon- Tue, 3pm- close, Wed- Fri, 3pm- 6pm & 9pm- close, Sat, 10am- 6pm and all day Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Tucson, Arizona
“Stayed for the parade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

During our travels we came upon this pub. We stopped for an Irish coffee which by the way was not great. However the beer was cold and the atmosphere was festive . So we ended up hanging out for a couple hours while the parade marched by. Had it not been for that, we probably wouldn't have stayed. Can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there but what we saw and smelled looked decent.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give them a try...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

We had lunch here twice during a recent trip to SF. Since we stayed at a near by hotel (PARC 55) it was a convenient location for us. The menu consists of mainly sandwiches, burgers, and salads. Although the service was a little a slow everyone had a good meal. They have a few hi-def tv's and televise many sports games that are on. If you are in the Union Square area they are worth a try!

• Visited November 2012
“Its ok at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Service was a bit slow. Food and prices were ok. Good street view. More of a nightime place to hangout.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Huntington Beach, California
“Quiet but friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Stopped off here for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime. Walked up to bar and was served immediately. I ordered a lager which was ice cold and just the way i like it. I also order a tuna toasted sandwich. The food arrived fairly fast and was basic but tasty. They did get my friends order wrong but it turned out they had brought out the wrong order and his was sitting ready in the kitchen, an easy human error mistake to make, and rectified within 60 seconds. Staff are really friendly.

chicago, illinois
“Don't stop here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

On the Tuesday after Labor day, I strolled down Market looking for a breakfast joint. After passing many coffee and roll places, I finally spotted this restaurant with its bright large sign, located right next to the entrance to the BART station. I thought it would suffice. My mistake! To begin, although there were few customers inside, I had to wait, wait, wait to get service! Frustrated, I hailed one of the waiters and asked if I could order. He pointed to the cashier stand. I should have left then, but I was hungry and figured that if I gave the person there my selections, things would be expedited. Wrong!. Another long period of waiting ensued.. No one even delivered coffee. I was just about to leave, when the order finally arrived. Unfortunately, the eggs and potatoes(???) were cold, and the bacon was greasy. Most alarming, however, even though this is a sit-down restaurant, was that the waiter provided (if I can say that) plastic utensils!!!!! the kind you would find in a McDonald's-- no worse, those that would be in a child's play food kit. But like I said, I was hungry. So, I downed what I could and asked for the bill. When I saw the tip bracket, I was sorely tempted to leave $0.00, but thought better of it and left the minimum.
The menu prices at this restaurant are not that high, compared to similar options in the area, but there's a reason: the service is HORRIBLE, the food barely eatable, and the plastic fork and spoon are a joke. My recommendation is that you resist the inviting sign and go anywhere else to eat!!!

• Visited September 2012