“Great Breakfast place”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Cross street: 5th & Market
Transit: BART at the Powell Street Station. Muni and taxies.
Description: Cable Car City Pub & Cafe is a full service sports pub. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are located at the Powell Street BART Station and just minutes from the Powell St Cable Car Station. We proudly serve burgers, chicken, ribs, steaks, seafood and pasta dishes. We offer a complete breakfast menu. Try our $5 Irish Car Bombs at the bar and take advantage of our Happy Hour: Mon- Tue, 3pm- close, Wed- Fri, 3pm- 6pm & 9pm- close, Sat, 10am- 6pm and all day Sunday. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Every morning we biked here for breakfast. Great value for your money. Tasty breakfast burritos packed with eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage or ham, great spicing and filling. Double double Americano's were large and delicious. Pancakes, bacon and fruit cup was a nice change and a lighter meal. Staff very friendly. Highly recommend

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We ate breakfast at this place: I would not recommend it to anyone I like. It was my worst gatronomical expercience in the US.
The Food was barely okay, the portions pretty big but their prices were not justified. Especially the service was not satifying - our waiter forgot half the things we ordered and was not too gentle. So what really made me angry at this place was that a graduity of 18 % was added automatically though in my opinion the waiter would have earned less than 5 % for his lousy service.
To anybody who wants to have breakfast/lunch downton I would recommend to walk about 5 minutes from Powell in the direction of the Civic Center to eat at the 2 best breakfast/lunch places in the town I know: Dottie's and Show Dogs (Dottie's is definitely better but the line is much longer, too.)

Reviewed 4 July 2013

As a solo traveler I felt very comfortable eating at this bar. The service was prompt and friendly, the atmosphere was pleasant and quiet, and the food was good especially the spaghetti!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The restaurant has a menu with good variety and is reasonably prices, especially considering the downtown San Francisco location. My friend enjoyed her chicken breast, rice, and good veggies, while my spaghetti and meatballs was above average. Both meals were about $14 each. The downside for us was the noise from the bar area. We couldn't converse very easily, so ate quickly and left.

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

We ate here for a late dinner around 9:30pm, We had spicy chicken wings and nachos ( both off the starter menu) to share, food came out hot, really tasty and definately plenty of it! Beer was cold, plenty of tv screens showing sports and the staff were very friendly, would definately eat there again!!