“Best Japanese food I ever had”
Review of Dojima-Ann

Dojima-Ann
Ranked #233 of 5,735 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Helsinki
“Best Japanese food I ever had”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stumbled at this place by sheer accident. Looked fairly cosy and authentic, so we decided to give it a go. Restaurant is super busy, but staff was exceptionally accommodating and professional. I scanned a bit of other people plates while walking to our table and I already liked what I saw. Food here is really fresh and authentic and more than reasonably priced. Ended up eating there few times during my stay and it was always amazing. I highly recommend it, the place is so good that is worth going out of your way to get there. Note that it can get quite busy at the evenings, so try to make reservation if you want to make sure to get seating.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Not_Santa

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Livermore, California
“Nice Japanese food”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Location of restaurant is good. Food was a little bit salty but average was good
but the space is cozy we had small wait about 10min
All staffs are very kind and helpful

Visited February 2014
Asia
“A happy accident ”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We came across this place after dragging our kids many blocks only to find the Chinese restaurant we were looking for was closed. We saw Dojima-Ann across the street and since it looked packed we felt the menu was worth the look. The space and it was very busy. Took awhile to have our order taken (maybe 15 min) but once the order was in, the food came out quickly. Our kids had tempura shrimp which even our picky eater loved. Their cole-slaw like cabbage went untouched but only because of their natural disdain for vegetables. I had a bite and found it pleasant enough (clean and healthy, not BBQ joint slaw). Three of us ordered off the daily specials menu: eel (very tasty in a teriyaki like sauce with an egg on top), beef & veg hot pot w/udon (broth was delicious), and grilled mackerel which came whole (healthy but not exciting). Meals served with a good miso soup and of course rice. Portions were large, particularly the hot pot. We also ordered grilled squid and a salmon roll. We left feeling very satisfied.

1 Thank ajmoreno25
Atlanta, GA
“Great lunch spot, awesome prices”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This place is in my neighborhood and it is great for a quick bite to eat. The sushi is all fresh and very fast. You can be in and out in 20 minutes on a good day. The best part is the prices, a lot of sushi places in the city rip you off but not here. The sashimi is always huge portions and you can tell how fresh it all is.

• Visited January 2014
El Centro, California
“Great Japanese Food!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We came across this little restaurant after eating at Chipotle across the street. The restaurant could use more space. It is extremely small and seems to be very popular because people would make lines outside. We had a small wait of 10 min or so and after sitting down had very good service. The food was delicious! I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014