We chose to stay at the HI Express for a couple of reasons. Most of the Fishermans Wharf hotel were coming in at about the same price, so went with what looked like best value. The HI Express offers a free breakfast every morning, so that sealed the deal for us.
Location can't be faulted, it's right in the middle of the Wharf. You can walk to pretty much anywhere within 5 mintues, including Pier 39 and cable car turnarounds. It is on North Point Street, a fairly quite street from our experience. Our room overlooked the street, and we had absolutely no complaints about road noise, or noise from other rooms for that matter. We were on the 4th (top) floor, right at the end of the corridor, which must have helped keep noise levels down. With only 4 floors, there was never a long wait for the elevator.
The hotel looks very new, everything feels fresh, and everything was spotlessly clean. No complaints whatsoever, and the daily housekeeping did a good job. The bed itself was very comfy, though the room itself wasn't that large. Fine for the two of us, but you couldn't have fitted anyone else in there. Not a problem though, as we weren't there to spend time in the hotel. We found the two internet access PC's in the lobby very handy, and on only a couple of occasions did we have to wait.
Breakfast was very good for a 'free' breakfast. They had the usual selection of cereal, fruit, yoghurts, pastries, muffins, etc, plus a small selection of cooked foods like sausages, bacon, egg, etc. Free coffee, juice and milk as well of course.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and polite. Both check-in and check-out were efficent. We didn't make use of the parking at the hotel, which at around $42 a day plus tip (it is valet only), we were glad we didn't have a car. The hotel does have an undercover pull in, which is big enough to hold a couple of cars, which was handy for us on checkout day as we collected a car from Avis just around the corner, and brought it back to the hotel to load up. They were happy for us to park in the drop-off area for 15 minutes to load up.
We'd have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others, and would certainly stay there again. It's not really that cheap (we paid $200 a night at the start of June 2008), but no more expensive that anywhere else in the area, but we were happy with what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf