Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #52 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Great US hotel”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

First hotel in US trip and probably the best (3 night stay). Only really drops points for location as I would have preferred closer to the city centre - but it is great for the Warf and the old style trams which are a must. Free wifi was brilliant (this was the cheapest hotel of our stay and the only one to offer this to our surprise)
Rooms were immaculate - we tipped a couple of dollars each day rather than at the end of the stay (a tip which we learned on local breakfast tv). Bathroom products great and lovely fluffy plentiful towels. Very comfortable bed and I am extremely fussy. Fab free breakfast where you really could eat as much as you wanted. I thought it was a good selection and certainly set us both up for the day really well. Sleep quality slightly reduced due to us having a group of young girls in the room next door - they were a little loud but not rude or any trouble - there was some kind of school trip there and they were a bit excitable - but all very well behaved.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

2 Thank Shropshire2014
nblanche, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Hi Shropshire2014,

We are very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate all the positive feedback and the recommendation. Please come and visit us again next time you visit our lovely city by the bay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was our family's first trip to SF. We had wonderful time over there. But when we arrived at another hotel after left this hotel, we found out that we left an small luggage in the underground parking lot. We called the front service desk and security right away, but NO one provided any help!!!

I am 100% sure that we left the luggage beside our car but we forgot to load it into the car before we drove away. However, they DID NOT want to check it for me and just said nothing was there.

Anyone would load strange luggage into their car? I don't think so.

Luckily there is only clothing in that luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Hello, Thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. I am so glad you had a great stay. I do appoligzie that you forget some luggage when you packed your car while departing and sorry that there aret times we cannot find that needle in a haystack. Well I do hope to see you again and safe travels
Suffolk
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had stayed at the Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf before and we were worried the express would not be as good. We were pleasantly surprised. We recieved a warm and friendly welcome from the reception staff at check in, in fact all the staff were friendly and chatty. The breakfast was included and was really good. There was even a pancake machine that cooked as many pancakes as you wanted. The food was all fresh and tasty and there were paper bags available if you wanted food to go. The hotel is well located within easy walking distance of Fishermans Wharf and pier 39. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. I am so glad you found it excellent and we look forwrd to seeing you again
USA
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to Sf and the HIE Fisherman's Wharf. There are so many good things about this hotel. The free breakfast is excellent, abundant and fresh. The free wireless internet was also a plus and the exercise room and computer areas were well kept. I am a member of the Holiday Inn rewards club which enabled me to have a later check out time, which helped. Our room was very quiet and clean. This is why I will always use this hotel when we visit SF. They're consistent with their fine service, whether its the check in staff, the breakfast crew or the maintenance workers. I would like to single out and thank two workers, Monica D. And Oliver for their assistance.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarne
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Hello thank you so much for staying as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. I am so glad you once again had a great stay as we do work hard to provide a a great hotel guests love. See you again soon and thanks
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Pathetic and appaling. We stayed for 2 nights, even being a platinum IHG if below is my experience god bless others.

2 months after check out i see a huge bill in my card statement, apparently they charged for something. 4 phone calls and relentless series of mails and relentless begging and pleading got my money back after 4 months without any apology

Also they pretend to be recognizing the IHG status ans offered bottles of water or 500 points. I chose the later and its been 4 months and agian series of emails i didnt get it. Its pathetic managment team running the show and dont go there. There are some shady people walking around the pier to mug you whom we are told to avoid, this hotel is worse than that

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MotiAbuzi
Hello thanks so much for staying with us. I am sorry for the issues you feel that you have been having. Please feel out to reach out to me as I will clear up and questions.
USA
Reviewed 9 July 2014

As should be expected of a hotel in this area, very touristy (meaning loads of newbies milling about aimlessly). Nonetheless, convenient to the activities on Fisherman's Wharf, typical good, clean HIX room and service. If I ever stay in the area again (?), I would not hesitate staying at HIX.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello thank you so much for staying with us and posting your thoughts on the stay. I am so glad you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you again.
Saint-Nazaire, France
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Location was excelent for all Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 activities (within 10 mins walking distance). Close to transport (buses+cable cars).

The room was adequate and to the standard you come to expect from Holiday Inn. Staff friendly and quick to help.

The only problem I had was that like in many hotels these days, the hairdryer's are built in and overheat very quickly. i had mine changed on the second day but it kept happening if used for more than 5 minutes...

breakfast was always hot and plentiful and I like the fact they give you proper disposable cups with takeaway lids for you coffee.

overall a a good experience.

Room Tip: Family rooms are small (two small double beds)!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
nblanche, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi Annick B,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the hairdryer issues but I will definitely relay this to our housekeeping and see the possibility of getting better ones. I am glad that you had a great overall experience here with us at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf. Come visit us again in your next trip to San Francisco!