“Fantasic Seasoning and quality”
Review of Cupola Pizzeria - CLOSED

Cupola Pizzeria
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Cross street: btwn 4th & 5th
Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Center. There is an entryway directly into the center from within the Powell Street station.
Description: Cupola Pizzeria a Neapolitan style pizzeria. Serving authentic Italian cuisine with hand made pastas, house prepared desserts. We are VPN certified. We offer a variety of Italian and domestic wines. Located at the Westfield San Francisco.
“Fantasic Seasoning and quality”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you like very thin crust pizza with high quality toppings that are very tasty seasoned, you will like this place. We had the carne (meats) and added cheeze and tomato sauce. It was great. ($20), enough for two with a most unusual salad, the cupola dome salad with fennel, carrots, red pepper, shaved parmesan, bread croutons, and tomato vinaigrette (pricey at $13.75 but well worth it). The salad is made from very thin cuts of small vegs. The dressing and croutons really make the dish...very sufficient for two. We were there for dinner and went back for lunch the next day it was so good.

The lunch we had was the made on site tortellini ($17.50) which I suspect was made to order. It was NOT in a cream sauce, its pasta shell was just right and the ricotta was top quality with a light buttery sauce. The porcini mushrooms and fava beans with parmesan really were a great compliment. At lunch it is a smaller portion, but plenty for one.

We had two deserts. The chocolate gellato was great and so was the teramasu.

Service was great, waitresses knew the menu items (and drinks) well enough to give us an extensive description in a very friendly way.

It is on the fourth floor of the largest downtown mall in SF (near the Marriott Marquise and other mainline hotels and the convention center). It is worth winkling out its location. Good place to bring kids too.

• Visited May 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
“Baby kale salad and pizza”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stopped here while shopping wanting something better than food court. Truly amazing food, they deserve all the good ratings received. We had a two for two special which was a baby kale salad, large, and a pizza. This was $13 per person. The food is of high quality and the service matches it. If you are in the mall this is definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
mobile, alabama
“Good place for lunch in the mall”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Visiting San Francisco on business and decided to pick up a few gifts to take back home so stopped in here for quick bite in this restaurant in the mall. I chose a seat at the bar and received great service and good recommendations from the bartender. A lite lunch of bruschetta and artichoke soup was tasty, eye appealing and surprisingly filling. Nice selection of wines by the glass. If you are shopping, great place for a quick bite with friendly bartender. Excellent cappuccino too!

• Visited April 2014
San Diego, California
“Amazing thin crust pizza”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

OMG this place completely changed what I thought I liked in a pizza and they even made me love their Spumoni! Here is what you need to know to understand this comment. I am a traditionalist when it comes to pizza, who expects red sauce and cheese on my pizza. Occasionally I will try another sauce or wild toppings but I expect cheese. The other thing to know is I have tried Spumoni in a dozen places, and found it boring, until Cupola changed my mind.

My husband, who makes his own pizza dough, is always in it for the crust and of course the meat. He talks me into trying this pizza called the Carne, which has a base of sweet caramelized onions and is topped with house made sausage and a few other delicious meats, no sauce and no cheese. Wow it was fantastic!

We requested the table right by the open kitchen. Marc Tennison is the chef and we were lucky enough that he was cooking that night. The Carne was every bit as delicious this time as the first time 2 years ago, but we had the added bonus of getting to watch Marc and the staff in action. What a seamless, efficient and totally fun crew to watch. It was obvious that they love working together which is part of what makes a great restaurant. In addition we were lucky enough to have Sarah Fay as our server. Sarah was not only charming in a very real person sort of way, but most importantly she knew her wines. Since I needed help picking a Cabernet similar to what I normally drink this was very helpful.

On to the Spumoni, it was creamy and topped with a Claret sauce and crunchy candied pistachios and every bite was superb. In fact everything was so good we went back a second night to try a different pizza and eat the Spumoni again.

• Visited April 2014
San Francisco, California
“Surprisingly good food in the mall”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Good
Funghi Pizza
arrabiata Pizza: add more red flakes for an extra kick
Dome salad
Service with a smile
Convenient location
All you can eat for $32
All you can drink for $16

The Bad
Pulled mozzarella: impossible to cut even with a knife
charred calamari: too chewy

Any place that has an all you can eat on the menu gets a gold star in my book. Although I usually don't eat that much it's nice to know I can go all out for $32. Even better they offer you an all you can drink option for $16. We didn't partake on the gluttony this particular night but boy do I see this in my future!

• Visited March 2014