“Rude and ridiculous!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Barely rude really as they were barely there! Hard to get served, average food may have caused upset stomach later that day, never go again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This restaurant is in the heart of Chinatown so I had high expectations for fresh, authentic cuisine. The woman who was at the front seated us and served us. I should put "served" in quotes because it was incredibly difficult to get her attention and we were pretty much on our own. We had to ask for napkins, more water, silverware - the basics.

We pulled a couple of floating boats and also ordered off the menu. Our server took our menus as soon as we were done ordering despite the fact that I said we would be ordering more sushi. After unsuccessfully trying to flag her down for a menu the second time, I just went up to the front and asked another server for one. Imagine my surprise when I received the lunch menu this time rather than the dinner menu that the first person had given me. Essentially we just paid higher dinner prices and got lunch portions.

We've had sushi all over the world and this was average at best. I also felt that the prices were high. For lunch we spent over $80 for four people and we were still hungry when we left.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We had snapper, California, and shrimp/spicy tuna rolls. All were comparable to any sushi I've had anywhere else. Pretty good. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The food here was nice but the service was awful! The staff members were chatting loudly with each other, and it seemed like they thought the customers were intruding their conversation. Eating here wasn't a nice experience, but if you're only looking for a place to quickly munch on some sushi, I guess this is as good a place as any. Some of the sushi pieces looked like they had spent some time on the floating trays, though.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

I had a great time at Floating Sushi boat. The food is great. There is no real reason to get a reservation. It takes time if you want soda or water or put an order in.